Infuse/SMB prevent macbook from sleep

Hi,

Infuse keeps SMB connection to macbook even after exiting the app therefore macbook doesn’t sleep.
when I force quit the Infuse, SMB lost connection and Macbook goes to sleep.
is there any fix?

How long after you exit the app are you waiting? Infuse can only run a short time before it’s made inactive.

Have you let it complete the library scan before you exit the app?

1 Like

i’ll check how long does it take to infuse deactivate SMB share but it’s more than two hours.
Finishing library scan doesn’t make any difference.
as said in first comment if i force quit the infuse, after 5 second the smd’s “number of users connected:” in mac os file sharing changes from 1 to 0, then computer sleep timer will put the macbook to sleep.

If you don’t force quit Infuse but instead put the Apple TV to sleep does it also release the SMB?

I’m still real new with MacBooks so I’m in a learning curve too so if I as a silly question please bare with me. :wink:

What state is the MacBook in when you’re watching this? Lid open or closed, how long is your sleep timer set for and I assume you’re using the power adapter while doing this?

1 Like

thanks for reply,

“If you don’t force quit Infuse but instead put the Apple TV to sleep does it also release the SMB?”
No, I tried both manually put ATV to sleep and let it go to sleep automatically.

“What state is the MacBook in when you’re watching this? Lid open or closed”
Lid open, tried: macbook is awake>start infuse>start sharing SMB connection>exit infuse>not release the SMB>not Mac sleep
macbook is sleep>start infuse>macbook wake up>start sharing SMB connection>exit infuse>not release the SMB>not Mac sleep
Lid close, the Wake on Demand doesn’t work at all(I have to connect external display/mouse/keyboard).

computer sleep timer is 3 min, display sleep timer is 1 min and power adaptor is connected.