Infuse pro 5 on Apple TV - Sound problem with Dolby Digital 5.1 videos sound codec and HDMI as output

Hello everybody,

I’m experiencing a big sound problem as described in the subject, when I want to watch videos on my Apple TV.

• The problem :
    I ran several tests, letting me think this is due to the use of Infuse Pro 5 with any video using Dolby Digital 5.1 sound codec and HDMI to the TV as output.

There is a sound, it is not simply poor or bad quality. I don’t know how to say in english, I would say it is garbled. It is clearly not possible to have anything audible in that case. This garbled sound occurs only with Infuse Pro 5, using Infuse Pro 4 with with videos I have no sound at all.

• The debugging process :

I ran the following test :

-> With HDMI as output sound (Apple TV selected as source for audio rendering) :

• in Infuse, video using MP3 and AAC sound format played : no sound problem
  • in an other video player on the apple tv (8 player), video played : no sound problem
  • using Infuse Pro 4, whatever video played from the NAS : no sound problem
  • The same video played from 2 different storage location (NAS and Mac laptop) reproduce the bug whatever storage is used

-> With a bluetooth receiver set as output sound :

• in Infuse, video using Dolby Digital 5.1 played from my NAS : no sound problem

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance !