I’m experiencing a big sound problem as described in the subject, when I want to watch videos on my Apple TV.
- The problem :
I ran several tests, letting me think this is due to the use of Infuse Pro 5 with any video using Dolby Digital 5.1 sound codec and HDMI to the TV as output.
There is a sound, it is not simply poor or bad quality. I don’t know how to say in english, I would say it is garbled. It is clearly not possible to have anything audible in that case. This garbled sound occurs only with Infuse Pro 5, using Infuse Pro 4 with with videos I have no sound at all.
- The debugging process :
I ran the following test :
→ With HDMI as output sound (Apple TV selected as source for audio rendering) :
- in Infuse, video using MP3 and AAC sound format played : no sound problem
- in an other video player on the apple tv (8 player), video played : no sound problem
- using Infuse Pro 4, whatever video played from the NAS : no sound problem
- The same video played from 2 different storage location (NAS and Mac laptop) reproduce the bug whatever storage is used
→ With a bluetooth receiver set as output sound :
- in Infuse, video using Dolby Digital 5.1 played from my NAS : no sound problem
Any help appreciated.
Thanks in advance !