Infuse picks up where Plex left off

This is just a (positive) General Feedback for Infuse from a Plex Lifer…
(Mods, pls move this to where it belongs).

I got Plex when they first started, because I wanted to play ambient videos, like Fireplace and Rain videos… all night, while I slept. Very relaxing, especially if you’re an insomniac.

And for a long time, Plex did exactly that. Then slowly, over time, Plex stopped doing that. I’d wake up and it would have turned itself off (using the Plex Apple TV app).

Long story short; I Googled “Plex alternatives” and found Infuse.

Infuse does exactly what I need it to do. It plays my ambient Fireplace & Rain Videos folder ALL NIGHT long. It doesn’t stop until I stop it. I have an Ambient folder that will play for, literally, 4 days uninterrupted if I wanted it to. This folder is over 96 hours long (keep it on a NAS).

And Infuse doesn’t even require a “server” to do what I need it to do.

To start, if you’re an insomniac like me, go to YouTube, search “Teravibe tasting wines no music”. It’s 3 hours. Collect ambient videos, put them in a folder, put the folder on a NAS, fire up the Infuse app, and zzzzone out.

2 Likes

In case anyone is interested and would like to see what i’m talking about; here is a link to Teravibe’s “Tasting Wines private club rainy night”:

This one plays for 3 hours; some are much longer. These videos are conducive to studying, writing, painting, or sleeping. People with insomnia and/or tinnitus also find these kinds of videos very helpful. Enjoy:

1 Like