Infuse not playing back any videos

I have the Infuse Pro on my Apple TV. I haven’t used Infuse in a few months. I went to launch it to stream a movie from my laptop. All of the content from my folders loaded in Infuse, but when I try playing any video, I get “an error occurred loading this content.” It had my three most recent movies/TV shows on the top dashboard. However, when I try to go into a specific folder/category, I get the same message.

Did something change with the way you need to enable file sharing access? I checked the settings and all of my folders are still there, permitting access. I haven’t changed anything on that front. In fact, I haven’t changed anything at all.

Just wondering if there was some kind of change. I know this must be a stupid, simple fix. By the way, I’m currently using a VPN on my laptop --downloading some content. I’m wondering if this is the cause for the issue. I don’t want to turn my VPN off to interrupt the downloads though.

Thanks for the help.

Welcome to the forum!

It would help to know what version number of Infuse and also tvOS.

Hey. I’m running tvOS 14.0 and Infuse Pro 6.5 (3234). Thanks!

Is your VPN a configured for split tunnel? If not then your VPN is the problem.

I actually just turned my VPN off… it still isn’t working. Very strange.

I’m connected to the same network. I double checked the file share settings on my Mac. Everything looks good.
When I initially launched the app (after not using it for months), it did say something about the cache being cleared. I’m not sure if that’s relevant. It wasn’t an error, just a notification when I launched it.

Did you by chance recently update the Mac OS too?

Not in a few months, although I haven’t used Infuse in a few months either. So it’s possible it happened after an upgrade.

You may want to try turning off file sharing on the Mac and then restarting it per this