Infuse not getting all tmdb entries

I’m trying to edit metadata for this movie: Danger Zone (TV Series 2021-2021) — The Movie Database (TMDB)
Searched “Danger Zone”, “danger zone”, "逆局“ (the Chinese ver) and none of them returns any entry.

How do you have the files named? You need to have the S0xE0x in the file names Like “Danger Zone 2021 S01E01.mkv”.

It’s like “Danger.Zone.2021.E01.2160p.WEB-DL.H265.DD5.1.mkv”.
I used the manual edit and got no result from aforementioned names.

You are missing the season designator before the episode. “S01”

im using manual edit. Does that have anything to do with my file name?

Infuse will first use the filename structure to determine whether an item is a movie or TV show, so it’s best to use one of the supported TV naming structures for your TV show files.

In most cases this will allow Infuse to get the correct matches automatically, but in cases where a manual edit is required you would only need to search/match a single episode, and then all other episodes from the series would be matched as well.

For your files, you should be able to simply add ‘S01’ (or S02 if these are episode from season 2) to the filename.

EG Danger.Zone.2021.S01.E01.2160p.WEB-DL.H265.DD5.1.mkv

hi james,

my question is that I can’t find this metadata in manual edit. I don’t think changing filename would help.

Changing to the correct format that includes the season will work. I tested it and it works perfectly.

File name and structure.
Danger zone 2021 name and structure

Results

1 Like

If Infuse has recognized something as a movie, it will not show TV show results even when searching manually.

The filename structure (inclusion of both season and episode number) will be used to determine if something is a TV show. So adjusting the filenames to match one of these TV show structures will allow you to search manually for TV shows instead of movies (if these don’t get automatically matched).

1 Like

For example, if you are using a TV show filename structure it doesn’t actually matter if the files include the correct series name or not, and you will be able to search for any TV show title you like.

thanks for the explanation!
it would be nice if user can choose if it’s a tv series/movie/show all results. Some of the WEB-DL series from trackers (especially japan anime) are named weirdly and changing names would break the torrent.

1 Like

Yeah, I get that. The downside there would be you would need to match every single episode manually, which could be pretty tedious.

would that be possible to multi-select and batch edit files to be “movie” or “tv shows”?
I find some of my anime in japanese and infuse is treating them as movie.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.