A post was split to a new topic: Pause when switching ‘spaces’
I think you are supposed to use an X button that is on the top right
Would like the ability to reposition the video window by clicking anywhere, not just on the titlebar, as a video is playing.
In addition, two-finger swipe gestures for FF, RW, and volume up/down.
Looks great so far though!
The app does not open in Catalina.
2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Pause when switching ‘spaces’
I think Big Sur is the minimum version right now
Any Mac (both Intel and M1) running Big Sur, or later."
8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Extremely high CPU usage when playing back video on older Macs
The app will ONLY run on Big Sur and later (needs features from Big Sur)
great for it to come! I will test more, but first impression:
- not a fan of your take on Settings - I would go for usual macOS design
- add preferences with its (cmd+,) shortcut to the menuBar
- allow hiding and enabling sidebar in menubar (and overall play with menubar much more)
- when sidebar is shown, it is not necessary to see "Movies, TV Shows, and Others in toolbar)
- maybe add icons to the sidebar? Would liven it up
- I wouldn’t use .sheet in macOS, doesn’t feel natural
Would be nice if similar to VLC you could double click on the video to make it go fullscreen when you start playing something.
James has already mentioned that the settings page is very much a placeholder for now - don’t worry!
On the .sheet thing - I agree, it threw me off a little when browsing my library.
Looking great so far! From my first use, here’s some feedback:
- As others have mentioned, the app need a volume control dedicated to the media being played.
- The “Get More” subtitles feature is missing (or at least I couldn’t find it through the settings for the video), and is by far one of my favorite features of Infuse on iOS and Apple TV.
- The lists in most of the Settings panes need some spacing or dividers in between the options; I found it difficult to distinguish what checkbox corresponded to what feature. Also the sidebar is a bit too large for my taste, even after dragging it to its minimum width.
- This could be a taste issue, but some icons along the main sidebar (corresponding to Movies, TV Shows…) would be nice.
- Is Cellular Download necessary in the General settings pane on Macs?
The experience is very smooth so far, but I look forward to sending along more feedback!
A post was split to a new topic: Crash on macOS 11.2
I just install and play with new MacOS Infuse app, after add my Plex connection, just check the option and saw a little error.
Infuse Version: 6.5.3397
PD: Good job team, this app will be a good start on Mac platform.
Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.
how can I download?
I am also getting this error unable to download and had signed up for testing
First of all. Thank you for the opportunity to test Infuse on the Mac!
I found one little thing:
When you select PiP and the settings button stops working. You must close the player (not infuse) and when you play the movie again the setting button works fine … until PiP is activated
A post was merged into an existing topic: Play controls Missing after video starts
Cannot add local folders, only files can be selected.