Infuse macOS public beta - updated 5/5/21

A post was split to a new topic: Pause when switching ‘spaces’

I think you are supposed to use an X button that is on the top right

Would like the ability to reposition the video window by clicking anywhere, not just on the titlebar, as a video is playing.

In addition, two-finger swipe gestures for FF, RW, and volume up/down.

Looks great so far though!

1 Like

The app does not open in Catalina.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Pause when switching ‘spaces’

I think Big Sur is the minimum version right now

" Compatibility
Any Mac (both Intel and M1) running Big Sur, or later."

1 Like

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Extremely high CPU usage when playing back video on older Macs

The app will ONLY run on Big Sur and later (needs features from Big Sur)

1 Like

great for it to come! I will test more, but first impression:

• not a fan of your take on Settings - I would go for usual macOS design
  • add preferences with its (cmd+,) shortcut to the menuBar
  • allow hiding and enabling sidebar in menubar (and overall play with menubar much more)
  • when sidebar is shown, it is not necessary to see "Movies, TV Shows, and Others in toolbar)
  • maybe add icons to the sidebar? Would liven it up
  • I wouldn’t use .sheet in macOS, doesn’t feel natural
2 Likes

Would be nice if similar to VLC you could double click on the video to make it go fullscreen when you start playing something.

4 Likes

James has already mentioned that the settings page is very much a placeholder for now - don’t worry!

On the .sheet thing - I agree, it threw me off a little when browsing my library.

1 Like

Looking great so far! From my first use, here’s some feedback:

• As others have mentioned, the app need a volume control dedicated to the media being played.
  • The “Get More” subtitles feature is missing (or at least I couldn’t find it through the settings for the video), and is by far one of my favorite features of Infuse on iOS and Apple TV.
  • The lists in most of the Settings panes need some spacing or dividers in between the options; I found it difficult to distinguish what checkbox corresponded to what feature. Also the sidebar is a bit too large for my taste, even after dragging it to its minimum width.
  • This could be a taste issue, but some icons along the main sidebar (corresponding to Movies, TV Shows…) would be nice.
  • Is Cellular Download necessary in the General settings pane on Macs?

The experience is very smooth so far, but I look forward to sending along more feedback!

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Crash on macOS 11.2

I just install and play with new MacOS Infuse app, after add my Plex connection, just check the option and saw a little error.

Infuse Version: 6.5.3397
MacOS: 11.1
Language: Spanish

PD: Good job team, this app will be a good start on Mac platform.

3 Likes

Same here

Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.

how can I download?

I am also getting this error unable to download and had signed up for testing

First of all. Thank you for the opportunity to test Infuse on the Mac!

I found one little thing:
When you select PiP and the settings button stops working. You must close the player (not infuse) and when you play the movie again the setting button works fine … until PiP is activated

4CYWM

regards

Adriën

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Play controls Missing after video starts

Cannot add local folders, only files can be selected.