Today we’re happy to present the first public alpha version of Infuse for macOS!
This build represents a work in progress, and is still very rough around the edges - but we think it’s usable in many ways and wanted to give you all something to start playing with.
We are planning to have new updates every week (or so), so things will to improve until the official release of 7.0 in Q1 2021.
Changes in alpha 4 (3423) 1/15
- OpenSubtitles support
- Use default browser for Trakt logins
- Added app-specific volume control
- Improved playback performance in some cases
- Improved playback with multiple displays connected
- Added automatic daily update checks with download prompt
- Display Play button in Up Next on mouse hover only
- Updated Pause and Stop PiP icons
- Updated Back button icon
Changes in alpha 3 (3410) 12/29
- iCloud: Library settings and favorites sync between macOS devices
- Playback: Support for moving around the playback controls
- UI: Crisp buttons on Library screen
- UI: Back button highlighting
Changes in alpha 2 (3408) 12/25
- Added volume control slider
- Double-click to enter/exit fullscreen
- Avoid screensaver/dimming during playback
- Improved playback with a secondary displays
- Background playback when switching spaces
- Improved video rendering performance
- Updated device identifiers for Plex/Emby/Jellyfin
- Option to expand long descriptions
- Removed ‘Cellular Download’ and ‘Disable Files app’ options from Settings
- Updated Back button clickable area
- Set minimum OS version to 11.0
- Settings page design is unfinished
- List view design is unfinished
- Reworked layout of Library/Browse pages
- Live preview and generated thumbnails are broken on some Macs (if you see this, please let us know which Mac you have)
- Some issues when using HomePods
- Window navbar icons disappear in some cases
- Crash on macOS 11.2
- Dolby Vision videos play with incorrect colors
- Probably many other things
How you can help
- The best way to help is to simply start using Infuse for macOS as you normally would. Let us know what’s working, what’s broken, and any weirdness you may see.
- Share feedback publicly in this thread to facilitate discussion with others who may be seeing a similar issue.
- If you find something that is broken, it may be helpful to submit a diagnostic report. To do this, simply tap the ‘Email Us’ option found in Settings, copy the 5 digit code, and post it in this thread with a description of the issue. Sending an email from the app is not required.
Any Mac (both Intel and M1) running macOS 11.0 (Big Sur) or later