Infuse lose all my metadata randomly

Hi,

I also have this almost once a week on my Apple tv4k.
Last week after my whole library had to rebuild i disabled automatic app updates on my Apple tv4k but today started Infuse and the library had to rebuild again. Very very annoying!
So first thing - there was no update this time.
My Apple TV 4K has also much free storage.
Second thing - I have two other Apple TV 4 (not 4k)where this is not happening.
All 3 my Apple TV ‘s are infuse iCloud sync enabled.

But when this happens on my Apple TV 4K the iCloud sync just sync my network shares everything else I have to update manually again.
Like my artwork for the folders.
My other category
Some movies and series that are always get wrong info scraped.
Trakt is also on on all 3 devices.
So I do not understand why this happens and why it not be correctly scraped back with iCloud sync on.

Please help this is getting me crazy.
Code = 4wh2z

Regards
Dread

Ok now this is getting worse.
There is something happening to my other Apple TV 4 also
So while my Apple TV 4K library is rebuilding I started infuse in my other Apple TV 4 and guess what. Artwork from my folders also gone.
But the library on this Apple TV 4 is not empty.
But the wrongly scraped movies and series are now synced on this device also.

Code = 9hdwe

Ok started my third Apple TV 4 and all the wrongly scraped series and movies get synced over too.
But not the empty library.

Code = 1mz5z

Corrected all metadata that was scraped wrongly manually again on my Apple TV4k and also corrected the artwork.
Metadata on both my other Apple TV 4 devices synced over correctly via iCloud.
I just had to restore the artwork manually again.

Now I hope you can find a solution for the vanishing metadata on the Apple tv4k.

Diagnose code after manually corrected metadata and artwork = d0397
Hope this helps in finding a solution.

My shares are smb on seagate personal cloud.

5 times, it happened again today.

Pretty sure we’re all waiting for the Plex integration to hopefully solve this.

6 times now, i’m on the latest Update as well.

Whats going on here?

Have you submitted logs into support?

Out of four ATVs I was only having this issue on one. Using the tvStorageInfo app, it looked as if I had plenty of space (~2GB) free.

The problem ended up being this ATV was subscribed to Podcasts and downloading / retaining several episodes. After deleting all downloaded podcasts and disabling subscriptions on the ATV my free space jumped closer to 8GB. Note - none of this was reported by the system as being allocated by Podcasts.

Since doing this, I have not had any problems with Infuse metadata getting deleted by the system.

It looks as though 2GB free is low enough for the system to reallocate space. Staying above 5GB fee has had no issues.

1 Like

Today marks the 7th time this issue has occurred.

The times the metadata issue happened, rescanning the whole library
(no record when it first happened)
2/21/18
2 days after,
2/23/18
3 days after,
2/26/18
5 days after,
3/04/18
7 days after,
3/11/18
7 days after,
3/18/18

Just restore your Apple TV, or it’ll happen forever.

If it happens again, I’ll do just that.

Guess what, it happened again, 7 days after too.

Lets see if restoring the Apple TV will do anything.

99% sure it’ll solve it for you - I’ve not had it happen again and it was doing it every few days before. Just remember to go to your settings and change the auto download option for screensavers, otherwise it’ll happen again once it fills up!

Hi,

I just had this happen - Infuse dumped all my metadata for approx 300 movies and 1000 Tv episodes.
I only purchased my Apple TV 4K 64 GB last week and I’m only running Infuse and Channels - I am not running out of space on the ATV!!
Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Joe

One thing I should add - I also loaded Infuse onto my iPhone for the first time and was loading all the metadata for that - when I opened the library on the ATV it showed nothing there - could it be related to bringing the iPhone online also?

Hmm. Do you have iCloud Sync turned on? I had issues with that and multiple devices so just switched it off.

1 Like

Have just turned off iCloud Sync - will see how I go - thanks for the advice…

again to happened!!!

I only have installed in the APPLETV4 infuse and plex.

I’ve turned it on and I’ve lost the entire database.

NEVER puts!!!

Why is this happening?

It’s disappointing I never step in with infuse 4 ever.

And I have the entire base with covers in local and takes hours Escaneándole is very slow I have 4500 movies and 256 series.

Had the icons changed for library and other favorites and have been deleted this as newly installed.

You’ve only kept your shared folders.