Infuse for Android

Infuse is great. Last few updates have really improved it’s performance. Running from dropbox has made it easy for me to stream to my chromecasts… But i have san iPad Pro. My wife an iPhone 6s. I have a Galaxy S8+. I had an iPhone before, but decided for a change to android. It is a really good app, i would be glad to pay for it under Android as well, just as i did with plex.

Do you have plans for Infuse on Android?? Please please!!

1 Like

Please we need Android version, I will donate $50 for it, please, it feels like a part of my body is missing when using my android device, pretty please.

1 Like

I will donate as well. Firecore, start a crowdsoruce/gofundme to get the funds to develop Android version. Pre-sell it with lifetime subscription?

Please develop it for Android TV. It’s ironic that I got Infuse 4 Pro, Infuse 5 Pro, then at version 6, I just stayed on 5 because I was content feature-wise, I in fact though the public cloud (such as iCloud) was sort of a defeat, or sad, IDK how to put because it’s like a sign we’re getting complacent-so far off of what aTV Flash meant. But now, the new addition of Jellyfin on 6 which is a very Android-y, opensource-y realm thing is what I’m getting 6 Pro for. Jellyfin, the server, is great; the player not so much. It pretty much sucks right now. I know it’s going to get better but I don’t know how, open sources moves fast but also is rather unfocused because of its million voices.

Last year I called it quits with Apple and got my first Android TV box and I still have to find an Infuse replacement. I like most things better on Android TV but I still keep coming back to the slippery Siri remotes when I want to consume my stuff and I hate it. I hate it much more because without all of the iCloud stuff (which I also quit) Apple products become quite locked off, ironically again.

Sidenote: I discovered Macs are much better performing without all the iCloud sync agents in he back. Exchange Server can replace iCloud and performs much better. Synology has now a decent, high performance light sync agent, replacing iCloud Drive. Don’t bother with Nextcloud, too slow for file sync, good for the rest. Resilio Pro and Syncthing both too heavy and prone to file corruptions (Resilio) and log errors (Syncthing can fill up entire disks quickly). It was not easy quitting iCloud.

Android TV has horrible network players, the sort of decent ones rely on server-side components and worse; on federated authentication, e.g; Plex. Jellyfin is the one good one.:slightly_frowning_face: Firecore, please wake the basement dev in you. <3 I’m sure you’ll do rad stuff two pizza boxes and a blackout later. <3 :smiley: