Infuse for Android

Welcome to the forum!

You can see what’s currently on the short list for development here.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

1 Like

Ok thanks, I’ll take a look at this post and follow it. Thank you @NC_Bullseye :wink:

I will post again that while I bought a lifetime subscription I rarely use the app any more. This is for 2 reason, fist I rarely use out ATV4Ks any more and that is because of the remote (now fixed) and because of the lack of audio pass through. No matter what Apple does of claims the conversion to PCM lacks the same depth and breadth of true pass through. Sure Apple does not care, funny for a company started by a man that was an audiophile and never embraced audio passthrough or hi-Rez audio files on iTunes. My wife uses her ATV4K on rare occasion when there is something she wants to want on Apple TV+ with her free year subscription. I can count on my hands how many time last year we used thenApple devices. Infuse in theory is far better than the Kodi/Emby combo I use on my Shields, but it supports audio pass through and sounds superior on most content. Infuse refusing to accept Android TV market is like leaving money on the table. Sure they need to invest in the development, but seems most developers know they need to support 2 platforms.

To summarize, Infuse, please develop an Android TV version! Do a Kickstarter or GFundMe, I bet folks would prebuy.

Hi,

I just have to agree to what keithl wrote. I am using Infuse only, when watching TV without 9.1 speaker system. When it comes to projector with Dolby Atmos I am using the Shield with Kodi.

The new GUI of infuse is really great. I am really loving it. Kodi can’t reach the GUI and all the handling in no way. But it cant do Atmos, and thats important to me.

So please, if you could consider to make an Android version, I would be very happy, and also pay for it extra money.
If the plan is “NO”, you can say “NO”. Then I know, that I will not prolong my annual subscription.
I prefer honest answers rather than political answers. Thank you :slight_smile:

Wondering if this could cause a shift in strategy for Firecore, I am now seriously considering ditching the ATV, I was one of the hold overs as I hoped the next generation of ATV would finally give us more control over personal media playback. Alas our pipe dream didn’t happen.

Now the availability of all my Apple Media on Android TV in Dolby Vision and Atmos, I find the idea of ditching the ATV for a Nvidia Shield Pro very compelling with Infuse being the only thing truly tying me down to the ATV.

I ditched the ATV and now use infuse on iPhone + chromecast. Works better IMO.

I use my shield pro with plex for most of my movie watching. It supports Dolby vision and I get bitstreaming support.

I am having both ATV 4K and shield pro.
I bought the shield mainly due to the real atmos playback, as I am using an atmos Soundsystem for my homecinema.
Also, I like the AI upscaling. Not always, but as one can switch between on and off with just one click, it’s easy to decide.
I am using kodi. Kodi and the whole Android GUI can’t compete with ATV and especially with infuse in any way. It’s ok, and one gets used to it.
Having infuse on the shield would be phantastic.
Seems, I am not the only one, who would love it.
So James, think about it, please :-).

We have 2 ATV4K that sit idle more so now that AppleTV app is available on the Shield. I keep the ATV4K hoping one day Apple will allow bitstream pass through Audio. At some point I will give up and sell them, but for now they sit.

Infuse for Android would be a game changer as Kodi/Emby is constat work to keep them in sync and working and Plex forces transcoding.

1 Like

+1

Infuse for Android would be a truly game changer. I don’t know who difficult a port could be but honestly it’s truly impossible doing a worse job than Plex player

It would probably be a complete rewrite as Android doesn’t support the metal renderer. I’d really like an nvidia shield version but I’m not sure if the amount of people who would purchase the app would be worth the work put into it.

It really blows my mind that there isn’t a good third party alternative on android outside the major players.

1 Like

Yeah I am so sick of Kodi with the Emby plug-in. Every time Kodi updates the Kodi plug-in breaks around various other issues that Kodi keep introducing. MrMC is almost too dumbed down and is hit of miss with Emby support. If Infuse did Android and shared the library across devices I would be all in.

I actually fine ATV4K sharper than the Shield even with AI turned on. Also AI only works on certain resolutions and refresh rates. The on,y thing that stops me from using my ATV4K with Infuse (even though I bought the subscription) is the lack of full audio pass though of certain audio formats and the conversion of them to PCM. If Apple would allow full pass through and Infuse would support it then movies would be all ATV4K all day every day.

+1 requested from last 7 years

Any updates on that? Android tv is more than capable run infuse. Even DV better support, than on atv, also sound systems better works with tv, than limited atv.
Personally own 77A80j and i have everything on android tv i use, only need infuse and i can get rid of atv.
Tv+, youtube(better streaming quality than atv), netflix with calibrated mode. Please give up infuse on android tv.

Sadly I don’t think they will ever do it. People have been pleading with them for a few years now. Kodi is the only reason I stick with nVidia Shield becasue it supports passthrough and frame rate changing, but Apple TV has a slightly better PQ. If Apple supported pass through Audio then I would consider going all in on apply TV especially with the new remote.

They should do a Kickstarter or Go Fund Me to gauge the true commitment of people to want an Android version.

I really hope that they port infuse to Android TV sometime, im really happy with infuse on my iOS devices for playing my dropbox stored Media library. but i have another Android TV screen on my hose and i have to manually bring my apple tv to that TV screen in order to use infuse…
i dont want to need to move all my library to another system and stop using infuse…

+1 on the feature

BTW in recent years Nvidia supported many devs and projects to improve the Android’s ecosystem. An excellent example is Plex that on the Shield used to be ugly and slow and Nvidia helped making it almost a standard de facto in terms of audio and video fidelity