Infuse does not play any video on airplay

hello guys, i’m not able to play anything from infuse on my roku with airplay 2. both on iphone and macbook, I’ve tried numerous video formats and they all close as soon as I connect to airplay, I’ve also reinstalled the app several times. Thanks

What version of Infuse free or subscription?

Subscription

Can you run this video through mediainfo and post the results here?

Does this video play in Infuse but not when you try to airplay?

PMJI, but I have a similar issue when trying to play videos from my 3rd Gen IPadPro to an LG 4k TV (webOS TV UN8500AUJ webOS ver 5.4.1-903). I can play videos from YouTube, just not from Infuse. The same videos play via my M1 Macbook pro via Infuse. Both are running the subscription version of Infuse.

Wondering if it is my older iPad. But spending $800-1000 for the newly released model to find out if it wasn’t the issue would be an expensive pill to swallow. I don’t see a link to ‘this video’ in your response to the original poster. Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide,
Lou

Unless it has changed recently, HDR and HEVC formats are not supported over airplay, only H.264. Airplay does support sending filepaths so apps like Apple TV+ or YouTube might not actually be using airplay but streaming it locally on the TV.

I appreciate the info, I am kind of new to this.
The videos I was trying to send to the tv were H.265. I recoded it to H.264, that works on the TV my M1 Macbook Pro, but not from my 3rd Gen iPad Pro. Both play the file fine natively.

I don’t think this is an issue with Infuse per se, as we’d be hearing more about it plus it works on the MacBook. That is why I am wondering if the issue is due to the older iPad. I did update the OS to 16.1 but that did not help.

Maybe someone is using an older iPad and can chime in?

Does Infuse play the video on your iPad Pro without trying to airplay it to another device?

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, the videos play perfectly via Infuse on the iPad. 264, 265, … doesn’t matter they play great. :slight_smile: