Infuse displaying DTS instead of DTS-HD MA

I use Infuse on an Apple TV 4k (most recent model) connected to a Denon AVR capable of playing Dolby. The details page of all of my titles display DTS-HD MA when that is what the audio is, except for one. I have a file that displays DTS even though it is DTS-HD MA. I have tested it with Plex and it shows correctly when Plex handles the media.

Here are the mediainfo details for the audio track.

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : DTS XLL
Format/Info                              : Digital Theater Systems
Commercial name                          : DTS-HD Master Audio
Codec ID                                 : A_DTS
Duration                                 : 52 min 29 s
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 2 115 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel layout                           : C L R Ls Rs LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 93.750 FPS (512 SPF)
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossless
Delay relative to video                  : 5 s 341 ms
Stream size                              : 794 MiB (10%)
Title                                    : DTS-HD MA 5.1
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No
1 Like

Is this file being streamed from Plex or from a regular share like SMB, WebDAV, etc…?

Was the file replaced with a different version at some point?

Does using the Edit Metadata option and reselecting the correct title have any effect?

The file is being streamed via FTP. The file did not exist prior and refreshing the Metadata does nothing.

It looks like this may be a non-standard DTS-HD MA track as it’s only 16-bits instead of the normal 24. I’m not sure I have seen a track like this before.

I have another title that uses 16bit DTS-HD MA. That movie displays correctly in Infuse.

Oh, there are plenty of movies with 16-bit DTS-HD MA tracks. Most of the examples I have in my library are from Blu-ray releases of older movies by “boutique” companies like Vinegar Syndrome, Shout/Scream Factory, Arrow, etc.

For what it’s worth, all movies with 16-bit DTS-HD MA tracks I have in my library are properly displaying as DTS-HD MA in Infuse, though. (I’m using a Plex server, if it can make a difference.)