Infuse configuration for network folder on Mac

Hi everyone, first of all, I am sorry about my English, which is bad, its not my native.
I recently jumped to apple product, bought a Mac mini m1, and an Apple TV.
And I was not even able to access my shared folder with infuse, yes I am that bad :_)
When I launch Infuse on the Apple TV, it offers to add shared things, and I see my Mac (on which I shared the folder with movies)
I select it,
Then I have to fill User and password.
I entered my user name on the Mac , and my Mac password, it doesn’t work.
I searched on the net to understand if network password was different from session password on the Mac, found nothing, then I am stuck.
Looks silly, but I really tried, if someone can help me would be so nice

Welcome to the forum!

There are a few things to check.

1. SMB is enabled on your Mac (more info here Set up file sharing on Mac - Apple Support)
  2. At least one user is selected under ‘Windows File Sharing’ (as shown under ‘Advanced Options’ in the link above)
  3. The folders/drives you wish to share are added to the list of Shared Folders
  4. Selected username and password are being entered in Infuse

Note: iCloud username/password cannot be used. If you’re using an iCloud ID to log in to your Mac, you will need to set up a new ‘Sharing Only’ user as described here: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

Also, if you’ve recently installed an update for macOS, you may need to disable and then re-enable File Sharing to get it working again.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I followed step by step and it works.
Perfect, fast answer, you earned a new customer for the pro version, thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.