Infuse Audio

I wanted to ask if anybody is finding the audio on Infuse files low? I travel on trains and planes & it is almost impossible to use Infuse as I cannot hear anything even on max volume. I have tried the same files with AVPlayer & taken the time to encode to iTunes and the sound is much louder… I think Infuse is a brilliant app but this issue is going to force me back to my old player as using it on the move is impossible. Is there anyway Firecore that you could add some sort of volume boost or just make the Infuse player able to play files louder than it does at the moment?

I can’t speak to other 3rd party apps, but we actually put some effort into getting the volume levels to match the built-in Apple player, so it’s interesting to hear you’re noticing a differece.

• Is this happening with all files or just a few?
  • Do you know what kind of audio tracks the files have (if you can run one of them through MediaInfo it may help: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/)
  • Which model iPad/iPhone are you using, and which version of iOS?
  • Are you using headphones, or the normal speaker?

It seems to be every file I use, the same files work fine (loud) through Media player on my Apple TV2, they also are fine with AVPlayer and iTunes Video App (encoded with Handbrake). I just find it almost impossible to hear when on a train or plane… its like the Infuse App just needs to be turned up only slightly more so it can be heard on public transport. Details you have asked for are below.

iPad 3rd Gen, iOS 6.1.2 Jailbroken with iPhone 5 Headphones (Apple)

Movie Details:

General

Complete name                            : Gangster Squad 2013.mp4

Format                                   : MPEG-4

Format profile                           : Base Media

Codec ID                                 : isom

File size                                : 1.70 GiB

Duration                                 : 1h 52mn

Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable

Overall bit rate                         : 2 152 Kbps

Encoded date                             : UTC 2013-04-08 10:20:50

Tagged date                              : UTC 2013-04-08 10:20:50

Video

ID                                       : 1

Format                                   : AVC

Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec

Format profile                           : High@L4.0

Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes

Format settings, ReFrames                : 5 frames

Codec ID                                 : avc1

Codec ID/Info                            : Advanced Video Coding

Bit rate                                 : 2 052 Kbps

Maximum bit rate                         : 15.1 Mbps

Width                                    : 1 920 pixels

Height                                   : 800 pixels

Display aspect ratio                     : 2.40:1

Frame rate mode                          : Constant

Frame rate                               : 23.976 fps

Color space                              : YUV

Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0

Bit depth                                : 8 bits

Scan type                                : Progressive

Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.056

Stream size                              : 1.62 GiB (95%)

Title                                    : squad.2013.1080p.bluray.x264-sparks.mkv.264#trackID=1:fps=23.976@GPAC0.5.1-DEV-rev4283

Writing library                          : x264 core 129 r2245 bc13772

Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:-1:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.15 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-3 / threads=12 / lookahead_threads=2 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=60 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=2052 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

Encoded date                             : UTC 2013-04-08 10:20:50

Tagged date                              : UTC 2013-04-08 10:21:06

Audio

ID                                       : 2

Format                                   : AAC

Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec

Format profile                           : LC

Codec ID                                 : 40

Bit rate mode                            : Variable

Bit rate                                 : 96.0 Kbps

Maximum bit rate                         : 142 Kbps

Channel(s)                               : 2 channels

Channel positions                        : Front: L R

Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz

Compression mode                         : Lossy

Stream size                              : 77.5 MiB (4%)

Language                                 : English

Encoded date                             : UTC 2013-04-08 06:54:26

Tagged date                              : UTC 2013-04-08 10:21:06

Thanks. We’ll take a look into this and see if we can track down what’s going on.

Thank you James, its a brilliant App I just need it to be turned up a little so I can use it when I’m on the train etc…

Hi,

Sorry for posting in here but when i post new topic i just get chucked back to the main screen!

Been using infuse for a little while now…

Just finished watching tv series with no problems at all, changed to a different tv progeam and both episodes i have both have crackling sound and like slowed down speach when people talk.

The video seems ok and the speed looks fine too with no chopping or anything, so just the sound is the problem.

Ipad2, IOS 6.1.3.

File is… attached.

I have had to go back to my old media player for now as the volume on most of my films and TV shows are just too low. Until Infuse is updated with a volume boost I’ll have to use my other media player unfortunatly…:frowning:

Unfortunately after much testing we’ve not been able to replicate any similar issues here.

I see you mention your iPad is jailbroken, do you have a non-jailbroken device you could test on by chance?

Hmm, sorry about that. Is there any chance you’d be able to send in sample file that is exhibiting this behavior?

That was my first thought so I have tested on two other iPads that are not jailbroken and same result. For me the infuse app is brilliant apart from I can’t hear it while on a train or a plane so this makes the app useless to me until it gets a volume boost. AVplayer it will have to be for now. :/

Hmm ok, any chance you’d be able to send in a sample…just to make sure we’re not missing anything?

Thank you for your reply James but I don’t think a sample will help I just think infuse audio is slightly too low thats all. I cannot use it while travelling. Normal use at home is fine but the noise on a tube or plane is very high. I cannot hear what I’m watching.

I know it’s silly but have you tried different headphones??

Hi James, ill Dropbox it and send you a link, is that ok?

I can understand that, though the thing is that the volume levels we’re seeing (hearing) in Infuse are on par, if not identical, with other players…including the 2 you’ve mentioned.

Sounds great. Thanks!

Fair point but yes I have tried a few different ones with the same result

i’m not really sure then, all i know is I can hear the TV shows & movies when played with AVPlayer but with Infuse I cannot hear it when I’m on the train. Same file, oh well Infuse is a quality app & i’d love to use it but no good to me as I can’t hear it… maybe the volume will get an option to boost it in the future? maybe a plane / train boost toggle.

Done… and im gonna try it on me iphone too… ill post results… both of which are un-jailbroke.

I use in exactly the same way and have to use half volume with no problems.

Its definately worth a samle though mate, as its not about just using another app.  There could be vital details within the codecs that Firecore need to look at to make them more compatable whereas the others you use have had more times to progree in these areas.

Its all about us that makes these apps better…

Definatley a TV show boxset required and mine looks a mass of files :slight_smile: