Infuse 7 (still?) not working with AirPlay on Roku Ultra

I installed Infuse for the first time a week or so ago (version 6.6) and have since updated to version 7. In the meantime, my Roku Ultra has self-installed a firmware update. Through all of this time, before and after all updates, Infuse has refused to play any of my Mac-standard video files, via AirPlay, from my iPad Air to my Roku Ultra device/TV screen.

I have tried tweaking every setting I can think of (in Infuse and on the Roku device) that might possibly have an impact – but nothing has helped in the slightest. Every time I start playing a standard MPEG-4 file (h.264 codec, MP4/M4V container, with AAC or AC3 audio), on my iPad and try to start AirPlay to my Roku Device, my TV switches to the AirPlay screen on my Roku Ultra and then shows nothing but a spinning wheel (buffering?), endlessly. Sometimes, my screen will flash an image of the video’s thumbnail and its title on the screen for about one-half second before the spinning wheel shows up. I have waited as long as five minutes before giving up on any video ever presenting itself on the TV.

Oddly enough, when I have tried to AirPlay an old AVI file (with, say, an XviD codec and MP3 audio), Roku will treat it like a straight-on audio file and play it like one (the audio portion plays successfully with the thumbnail and title on screen). AirPlay through Roku, though, seems to be completely incapable of playing AAC or Dolby Digital audio. (I have turned off “5.1 Audio over AirPlay” in settings.)

I applied for the 1-month free trial of Infuse, which will convert to a paid one-year subscription next month – if I can get this issue settled. The main reason I installed Infuse in the first place was to be able to AirPlay my videos on my television (!).

I hope someone there can find a fix for this problem.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Infuse Pro 6 Airplay no longer working on Roku devices