Infuse 7 - New unified home screen?

One of you Moderators need to Start a V7 Issues Topic and move at least 3 separate topics over or we are going to end out with numerous Topics essentially all dealing with the same issue

What is the pre-playback screen?

The release notes for Infuse 7 (ATV) clearly states that there is a ‘new unified homescreen’, but I can’t see any changes?

Won’t call it ‘ridiculous’, but I must agree that it really doesn’t make much sense and it is clearly a step back in user friendliness.

1 Like

The pre-playback screen is the one where you view the details on a specific movie.

The unified home screen is bringing all the other devices in line with what tvOS already did.

Thanks

Ok, but I still don’t get it? There are absolutely no changes to my home screen, indicating a ‘new unified home screen’? Do I need to activate it somewhere?

1 Like

As I mentioned before I don’t believe Apple TV had home screen changes other than some icon updates. macOS and iOS/iPadOS now match tvOS v6 style of Home Screen.

1 Like

Ahh OK.
Rather confusing that they then mention it as a new feature in ATV, when there really aren’t any changes to the home screen…

So, the only real new thing in Infuse 7, is new design of the pre-playback sceens(?) To be honest, that is not much for a major revison.

4 Likes

Youre right - ridiculous is not the correct word - INSANE - would be a better word ! My 4 year old Grandson could navigate V6 on his own and find the TV series and Episode he wanted without any help … now he cant find the episode he wants … Im sure he’ll learn, but its just illogical. With Movies, scrolling down to scan across the Movies in the folder, the top half of the Graphic Screen disappears and you have to keep scrolling back up to view the graphic … as I said - INSANE

1 Like

And still no bitrate showing and the recently added is still broken (5 years and counting …).

1 Like

Lots of strong opinions here :slightly_smiling_face:

Let me say, that I have been very happy with Infuse and the way it works.

However, I do not understand some of the UI choices made in version 7? It seems focus has only been on making it looking sleek, instead of making it user friendly and sleek :thinking:

5 Likes

Can you stop bashing the beta testers please? You have not even a clue about any of the discussions in the beta forum. Blame Firecore if you want, but be asured, that betatesters more than one time said, that this version is far from being a release candidate…

3 Likes

I agree, the testers should not be blamed. The decision makers made the mistake in this new change. Even if the testers made suggestions it’s not their decision what to use. I’m just curious on who talked infuse into doing this. Can’t be someone who uses infuse a lot.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Mini Series Chernobyl problems finding metadata

This update is a major step backward in UX design. I was excited to update my ATV to 7 and with in 2 seconds I said WTF🤦‍♂️

I was not going to post but I just got my weekly Fire core Forum email and saw all the complaints about the UX. I came here to agree and hope it gets fix. It seems bizarre to me who ever thought this was good for the ATV​:man_facepalming::man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Quick update.

We’ve submitted 7.0.1 to Apple today which resolves a number of little things that have come up since the release of 7.0.

We’re also working through a few ideas to address a few of the other concerns shared here. Stay tuned!

3 Likes

Which is about the same of version 5. I mean, not even the the TV Shows’ seasons have been unified. Quite disappointing, actually.

18 posts were split to a new topic: Infuse 7 chit-chat

7.0.1 looks exactly the same on ATV. Favorites size/spacing not fixed, poster still takes full screen without seeing the episodes without scrolling down.

1 Like

Yes, a few changes, though. You can now directly start a movie by clicking on it. The absurd ugly kind of widgets with the Directors, Writers and Actors are still blank, and the pain in the b… by scrolling up and down is also still present. Furthermore is there still missing filesize and Recently Added is still broken. When will this be fixed, James?

This won’t come until after 7.1 TV Show switch to TMDb

Add support to the suggestions thread. This isn’t missing but never implemented.

Works fine for me. You mentioned hasn’t worked for many years. So maybe behavior isn’t what you want it to be as opposed to being broken. That means it isn’t doing what it was coded to do.