Infuse 7 - new design, new problems

It feels that Firecore thought it more important to keep as much of the poster unobscured as possible. But the poster is cosmetic. Makes more sense to move the existing controls up (including the episode lists) for more convenient access.

-Alan

(Attachment blocked.gif is missing)

Quick update here.

We’ve had a lot of positive feedback on the new ATV design in Infuse 7, but realize people use Infuse in many different ways and this new style is not for everyone.

Over the past few days we’ve been working to digest much of your feedback (thank you!) and working through a number of ideas. We have a plan which I believe will address most of the concerns which have been brought up, while keeping things looking fresh and modern.

We are targeting the 7.0.3 update to have these changes available, and with any luck will have some visuals to share within the next few days.

Stay tuned. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thanks James! Appreciate you guys always being open to feedback and how transparent you are. One of the reasons I’m such a huge fan of Infuse! :smiley:

1 Like

Wow, thanks for looking into this UI issue. I look forward to the update!

2 Likes

Listmode for mobile devices? :kissing_heart:

5 posts were split to a new topic: Choose custom genre artwork

Can be Option to customize media and homescreen fanart separately, customization of fanart for seasons,
Landscape film poster,

Movie trailer …

thanks James

An option to switch to posters again for movies would be greatly appreciated!

Most TV shows have beautiful fanart but for movies, especially older ones, that’s often not the case. Then you have an ugly screenshot taken from the movie and that just looks lousy.

I could of course change fanart within Infuse, but because i’m using Plex-integration i’d have to fire up a webbrowser or the Plex-dash app every time. Not very convenient.

+1 to bring back poster support on PrePlayback for movies!

3 Likes

Hi, here is one more thing, that makes me wonder.
When you press: Mark as unwatched, it toggled between watched and unwatched in V6. Now it doesn’t react anymore. I would be happy, if it would behave like in V6. Thanks.
Btw, in general I like the new design, but I also agree to the remarks and wishes in this thread.
So, I am looking forward to the improvements.

I noticed this too. The only way I could get it to work for now was to enable “Watched Indicators” under Settings. Now, my main program thumbnails are full of loaded orange corner cuts and progress bars. I previously never had to enable this option to get watch/unwatched to toggle. I hope it’s just a bug, as I too prefer the v6 method but if not I can live with this new design. What I really hope for is a quicker way to delete shows, too many scrolls and clicks right now. And, secondly I prefer seeing all the thumbnails of TV season on the PLAY screen without having to scroll down.

Hi, thanks for the tip. It works with the indicator set to on. I agree. These orange lines and markers don’t look very attractive. Toggling should also work without these indicators. I think, that should be fixed.
And about the color of the indicators.
Why not change the color to blue, or make it adjustable?

1 Like

I’ve had no issues whatsoever with Infuse 7. It’s a fantastic release. Currently, I pay yearly for a Pro subscription and would happily pay more considering how polished and professional the whole package is.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

A few more updates here.

We’re rolling out Infuse 7.0.2 today which includes a few changes for list view on iOS and macOS. This restores the previous quick-play behavior for browsing when list view is activated, and also integrates some of the new design elements so things look much cleaner than before. We’ll also soon be adding episode artwork in this view.

For 7.0.3 we’re adding the ability to switch between 2 different views for the details page on Apple TV. We’re calling these options Modern and Classic.

Modern is the new design we introduced in 7.0, and will remain the default option. We’re adding a few adjustments for 7.0.3, namely swapping the position of the Play button so scrolling to the lower content area is a little bit easier.

Classic is similar to what we had in Infuse 6, but with some visual updates. It restores the ability to see poster artwork and also keeps the list of other episodes visible above the fold.

The lower content areas in both will be similar, and will soon have things like actor/director artwork visible as these are in progress for 7.1.

Note: These screenshots show a work in progress, and there will likely be a few additional changes before the release.

5 Likes

Great to see that there is an Option, but what about those who want unblurred fanart AND ability to select episode without scrolling down?

Will there be some tweaks and enhancements to the modern version in the future (e.g. Show the TV Show name or using the Title Art like I suggested in my mockup here

1 Like

Baby steps. Let them get the next version out and we will see what’s there

Hey James :wink:
Great to see, that we get an alternative “Classic View” :slight_smile:

Two Questions about this:

1.) What’s this Button on the PrePlayback-Screen?
I hope this is not visible in the final Screen :wink:

2.) Could you make the Text-Block a little bit larger with 2-3 more Text-Lines?
And also maybe a little wider? :wink:
It would be great if we can read more Text directly on the PrePlayback-Screen and we not have to click on the Text-Box, first :wink:
Something like this Mockup:

Is this just for TV shows or will it also apply to movies? I could see someone wanting modern for movies and classic for tv shows.

For 7.0.3 there will be just 2 options.

This will not be visible in the release build. The option for switching views will be listed under the ‘More’ button.

Maybe?

The selected view option will apply to all videos (movies, tv shows, and other).

Or better directly in the Settings-Menue? :wink:

1 Like

Excellent solution all the way around! Thanks for all the work you guys put into this!

2 Likes