Infuse 7 indexing failed on Mac and Apple TV 4K

I just bought the pro version of 7 and am getting indexing failed on both Mac and Apple TV. Any ideas? 6 was working fine.

Welcome to the forum!

Are you by any chance connecting to a Plex, Emby, or Jellyfin server?

Nope. I have a movies folder on my desktop. I was connecting to it from the apple tv app. Neither the apple tv app 6 or 7 works nor does the Mac app. I’m trying to figure out if its the share which did work. In the Mac Infuse app I’m getting access denied when I try to a access that share. It does see the movies share but when I try to get to it says access denied.

Can you send in a report which will give us more info as to what may be going on here?

I sent it from my Apple TV. I don’t see a way to send it from the Mac app. Not sure how you know its from me…

You can post the 5 digit code here in the thread. :wink:

KGBVH is the code

I was having this same issue the other day after working great for months. Unplugged my Apple TV for 30 seconds and everything was accessible again.

Thanks for the tip but that didn’t work for me. It sees my Mac and movie folder but says access denied when I try to add it to favorites.

Hmm, I wasn’t able to find a report under that code.

Can you try resubmitting?

4CSNJ is the code

Thanks for that.

It looks like Infuse is getting an access denied error from your Mac, which can be caused by a few different things.

Can you walk through these steps to see if they help?

1. On your Mac, open System Preferences > Sharing and disable then re-enable ‘File Sharing’
  2. Select File Sharing > Options and ensure the ‘Share files and folders using SMB’ option is select AND ‘Windows File Sharing’ (with at least one user from the list selected)
  3. Ensure the correct username and password for that user are being entered into Infuse

That worked. Thanks. I checked all that but didn’t stop and start it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.