Infuse 7 for tvOS - some interface suggestions

Hi,
I am really a fan of your app and that alone justifies my continuing to buy an AppleTV …
PLEX user for 10 years now, I find in Infuse everything that Apple is not able to put in its applications, but with the aesthetics of the Apple world :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I don’t watch streaming because I don’t have a good internet connection. However, I want to be able to enjoy movies in 1080p or even 4K.
So I have some suggestions to further improve the interface of your beautiful app. I would not take again those which are already in the roadmap.
1 - First of all concerning the home screen:
While I really like the current interface, it lacks a bit of “consistency” with the tvOS environment. So I made a proposal by moving the big colored buttons into a more standard tvOS menu.

2- Concerning the “Other” section of the home screen (Videos personnelles in capture): I suggest modifying the presentation of the thumbnails for videos other than Films and TV Series: switch to landscape mode (no cover is available for this type of media )

3- Regarding the media screen: I suggest reviewing the arrangement of the various information in order to optimize space and make it more readable. 3 modifications :
- Ascend the title a little
- Shift under the title the technical informations : enrich with corresponding logos (4K, HDR, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, etc.)
- Place the genres opposite in right justified

This way, we save space to have a longer synopsis and readable genres:slight_smile:
I hope that all of these suggestions will allow Infuse to make further progress on tvOS.
Regards,
Vincent

8 Likes