I am a real fan of your iOS and tvOS apps. I was really happy when I learn you create an app in macOS.
I offer you some suggestions to further improve the interface.
1- For the Home screen:
- Allow horizontal scrolling on the first row of the home screen and split this row into 2 (as already done on tvOS)
- For the “Others” menu: change the thumbnail format to display a 16/9 format. In general, these videos do not have an official cover (personal or YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo …)
- Add the icon to hide the sidebar
2- For the Media screen: suggestions almost similar to those made for tvOS
- Ascend a little the film title
- Place the technical details just below ( with the appropriates logos)
- Place the genres below
- We thus gain 2 lines for the synopsis
- Add the Rating icon in the toolbar as well as the icon to hide the sidebar
In this way, the interfaces are more consistent between platforms (iOS, tvOS and macOS).
I hope that all of these suggestions will allow Infuse to make further progress on macOS.