The latest version of Infuse is here and it’s better than ever!
This release includes some of the top-requested features we’ve received from all of our amazing users, and we think you are going to love what we’ve been working on for you.
Play trailers for movies and shows
Video trailers have arrived! You can now access a massive catalog of 250,000+ movie and TV show trailers and stream them with a simple tap directly within the app. Trailers are a great way to preview videos in your library for yourself or friends and family, allowing everyone to get a quick overview of the movie to see if it’s the right vibe. Trailers are available to all current Pro subscribers at no additional cost.
Pro tip: Access additional trailers and content by long-pressing the Trailer button.
Organize movies into Smart Groups
The new Smart Groups feature is a great way to group different versions of the same title together in your Library. This could be things like different resolutions (1080p, 4K etc…), different releases (Director’s Cut, Theatrical Cut, etc…), videos spread across multiple files/discs (Part 1, Part 2, etc…), duplicates of the same file you have stored in different locations, or any combination of these you happen to have. When multiple versions are present, Infuse will automatically add tags for each — and you can add your own custom tags, if you wish.
Pro tip: Fine-tune the auto-selected version by adjusting the ‘Select Version’ option found in the ‘Settings > Collections & Groups’ menu.
Even more Dolby Vision
Dolby Vision comes in many different flavors, and today we’re adding expanded support for Dolby Vision Profile 8. Profile 8 is a unique format, as it includes both a Dolby Vision layer and an HDR layer. It has been used by Apple for many of their screensaver videos, and now more of these videos can be played natively in Infuse in full Dolby Vision. By default, the best video playback option will automatically be selected based on the video file and the device you are using, and you can change how this works by adjusting the Extended Dolby Vision option found in Infuse > Settings > Playback.
Note: Since Profile 8 can have a wide variety of characteristics, a portion of Profile 8 videos will gracefully fall back to playing in HDR10 — which will still look great.
Playback core improvements
Our primary goal with Infuse has always been to deliver excellent picture and sound when you press play — with every single video. In this update, we’ve revamped a hefty chunk of the playback internals, and modernized a number of areas to allow us to continue providing unparalleled playback performance and accuracy across all Apple platforms. These changes also include improved error correction for files which may be a little bit wonky (due to encoding and/or mastering issues) allowing these to now play beautifully — just like you’d expect.
Many other improvements and fixes
Many other improvements and fixes are part of this release, so be sure to check out the full list of what’s new.
- Play video trailers for movies and TV shows
- Group multiple copies of a movie together using ‘Smart Groups’
- Recognize tags in filenames for cuts/parts
- Choose metadata language when searching for movie/show titles
- Save files directly from the Files app (iOS)
- Enhanced support for Dolby Vision (Profile 8) videos
- Improved library search times
- Improved handing of HDR/DoVi videos with invalid timestamps
- Improved handling of yuv444p10le videos
- Improved playback of some HEVC RExt videos
- Improved full screen ProMotion support (macOS)
- Many other internal player improvements
- Fixed cast and crew indexing
- Fixed sorting of the ‘By Rating’ category on Home Screen
- Fixed fetching of DoVi tags from Plex
- Fixed importing of multiple files in a row from Files app (iOS)
- Fixed indexing status wrapping on Library screen
- Fixes for playing RLE videos
- Fixed crash related to UPnP/DLNA when discovering shares
- Fixes for some DVD (VobSub) subtitles
- Fixed missing VoiceOver tags (tvOS)
- Fixed continuous playback setting for Collections
- Fixed appearance of playback cache bar
- Fixed crashes during metadata fetching
- Other minor fixes and improvements
We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions — so please feel free to continue the conversation below.
Thanks for using Infuse!