Infuse 7.5 - Trailers & Smart Groups

The latest version of Infuse is here and it’s better than ever!

This release includes some of the top-requested features we’ve received from all of our amazing users, and we think you are going to love what we’ve been working on for you.

Play trailers for movies and shows

Video trailers have arrived! You can now access a massive catalog of 250,000+ movie and TV show trailers and stream them with a simple tap directly within the app. Trailers are a great way to preview videos in your library for yourself or friends and family, allowing everyone to get a quick overview of the movie to see if it’s the right vibe. Trailers are available to all current Pro subscribers at no additional cost. :raised_hands:

Pro tip: Access additional trailers and content by long-pressing the Trailer button.

Organize movies into Smart Groups

The new Smart Groups feature is a great way to group different versions of the same title together in your Library. This could be things like different resolutions (1080p, 4K etc…), different releases (Director’s Cut, Theatrical Cut, etc…), videos spread across multiple files/discs (Part 1, Part 2, etc…), duplicates of the same file you have stored in different locations, or any combination of these you happen to have. When multiple versions are present, Infuse will automatically add tags for each — and you can add your own custom tags, if you wish.

Pro tip: Fine-tune the auto-selected version by adjusting the ‘Select Version’ option found in the ‘Settings > Collections & Groups’ menu.

Even more Dolby Vision

Dolby Vision comes in many different flavors, and today we’re adding expanded support for Dolby Vision Profile 8. Profile 8 is a unique format, as it includes both a Dolby Vision layer and an HDR layer. It has been used by Apple for many of their screensaver videos, and now more of these videos can be played natively in Infuse in full Dolby Vision. By default, the best video playback option will automatically be selected based on the video file and the device you are using, and you can change how this works by adjusting the Extended Dolby Vision option found in Infuse > Settings > Playback.

Note: Since Profile 8 can have a wide variety of characteristics, a portion of Profile 8 videos will gracefully fall back to playing in HDR10 — which will still look great. :slightly_smiling_face:

Playback core improvements

Our primary goal with Infuse has always been to deliver excellent picture and sound when you press play — with every single video. In this update, we’ve revamped a hefty chunk of the playback internals, and modernized a number of areas to allow us to continue providing unparalleled playback performance and accuracy across all Apple platforms. These changes also include improved error correction for files which may be a little bit wonky (due to encoding and/or mastering issues) allowing these to now play beautifully — just like you’d expect.

Many other improvements and fixes

Many other improvements and fixes are part of this release, so be sure to check out the full list of what’s new.

Release Notes

NEW

IMPROVED

FIXED

Thanks!

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions — so please feel free to continue the conversation below.

Thanks for using Infuse! :orange_heart:

17 Likes

Congrats on the release, team!

5 Likes

So I’m trying to update but my tvOS App Store app is telling me latest release version is 7.4.10 from Dec 25th, 2022?

It takes a while to get to all servers. Hang in there and give it an hour or so. :wink:

1 Like

This is an amazing update! Now Infuse just needs to give me the option to replace the white simple title in the bottom with the logo and Infuse will be an app I’ll want to keep forever.

But I’m ready now!!

3 Likes

Heck, some of us have been banging on the update button for days! :clown_face:

2 Likes

A perfect way to finally group HD and SD versions together. It’s a shame it doesn’t work with TV shows.

Yet…

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in that thread to show your support for that suggestion! :wink:

1 Like

thanks for the new version ( been checking everyday for the past few weeks :slight_smile: )

Should the Smart group feature work while using Emby ?

I have for an example Ambulance (2022) -4k and Ambulance (2022) - 1080p in the same folder but it doesnt show in infuse

thanks

1 Like

Great Work James.

P.S There is no trailer for Dino-Riders (1988) :wink:

Congratulations to the Firecore team!
Infuse is worth every cent, keep up!

3 Likes

Smart groups w/ tags are currently available when using direct shares (SMB, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, and cloud services).

Multi-versions from Plex can be accessed by long-pressing the Play button.

Support for Emby/Jellyfin is planned, and you can follow this thread for updates.

1 Like

ok great

thanks

Hi Infuse

The indexing, actor, director and so forth, is destroyed. Search for example George Clooney and up comes a lot of empty folders with his name on it.

Furthermore, skip the 2, 3, 4 items under Movie Titles and keep the Release Year shown as before this Update.

Kind Regards.

Jens, Copenhagen

2 Likes

There are quite a few library updates in this release, so Infuse will need to update some things to get all the new goodies to appear.

You may check to ensure Infuse has completed its indexing. You an also trigger an update manually by tapping the ‘Scan for Changes’ option in Infuse > Settings > Library.

1 Like

Is there anyway to disable the new trailers feature?

I can get trailers for movies, as tipically you would see it once, maybe have several movies to watch and choose what to watch based on watching the trailers.

I don’t quite get it for tv shows. I’m watching a 11 season tv show, after 2-3 episodes I think this feature is irrelevant anymore, don’t quite understand why would I want to watch a trailer of a tv show I’ve watched for several episodes, and the button will be there for the next 11 seasons and won’t be used at all.

3 Likes

It’s not possible to hide the trailers button at this time. Sorry.

1 Like

Great new update, but i am using local metadata and i do not see the trailer button. Also the actors/producers of a movie are no more available.

2 Likes

Trailers will only be available when using online metadata.

You may consider enabling Metadata Fetching, and then continue to override details with your local/embedded info. After making this change, you will need to clear all metadata in order for Infuse to download the new details.

1 Like