Infuse 7.1 and anime series

Yeah it is a bit weird… It still misses like a lot of images but that is more of a TheMovieDB problem for that show and maybe the community will fix this.

For the episode numbering it follows such a different path then thetvdb does… Like I needed to do S15E625 for example which simply is S16E46 in theTVDB

It brings for me a bit more problems because it seems like Trakt doesn’t play nice anymore with this show now…

But like I said I can also see that this TV show is a very specific case because all other tv shows in my library updates without problem it seems and the quicker fetching is so noticeable! Huge improvement

Yes, the community is much more active at TMDb, so things can get updated pretty fast. Also, anyone can register for an account and make changes, so if you see something missing the quickest solution may be to upload a missing pic or two.

FWIW, Trakt is also in the process of moving to TMDb, so more likely than not things will start working better soon (before October 1st, which is the shutoff date for the v3 API).

1 Like

So we can add shows and movies manually just need to register first ? Also can we add actor pics manually as well ? Some are missing

Yes indeed! :slight_smile:

Great will be making an account as long as eveything is free :+1:t4: there’s shows and pics I need to add

100% free, and any changes you make will be available to Infuse, as well as Trakt, Jellyfin, Kodi, etc…

I definitely lost the titles to all my Dragon Ball and other series……it removed all individual seasons and turned them to 1 I got a few thousand of name changes on my hand :joy:

Mac has a great built in file batch renaming function.

If you wanna get through it I bought a program called Filebot which is really handy for me, saves me going into the Terminal and stuff

The one built into the Mac OS is right in the right click menu when you right click a group of selected files and its free. I’ve changed hundreds of file names at once in a few seconds using this. :wink:

1 Like

I really didn’t know this… hahah But that is even better yes!

Is it possible that Infuse 7.1 can not fetch the name of the episode, if the name at tmdb is only in english available and in infuse the default language is german? Many of the new anime series showing only episodenumbers but in tmdb is the english name available.

For episodes I believe infuse only I looks at the part before the number and ignores the title afterwards:
My Favorite Show S01E05 - This is all ignored
Not sure if that answers your question

Could you provide an example of one of the series that is showing English and one that only shows numbers?

1 Like

Both TVDB and TMDB are not complete in the translations for all of the episodes it appears. This seems to be a new series and as such will probably take a while to get all of the translations submitted by the members. If you would like, you could join TMDB and follow their guides to add the missing translations.

Infuse doesn’t have an option to not show specific parts of the metadata, it will fill in the blanks that the databases provide.

1 Like

Yes, but the english description and the english names of the episodes are available. Why does not Infuse shows that? Before the switch to tmdb Infuse used the english names if the german arent available.

This is a bug we are looking into.

2 Likes

Witam kolegę z Polski:) wszystkie te aplikacje sprawiają problemy z naszym językiem, także Trakt niestety :frowning:

So Why not use Trakt database as a last resort?
I wish I had time to finish my Jellyfin client