Infuse 5 Pro on the Apple TV issues

I had some initial specific issues and had a topic on just that. But I decided to start a new topic for everyone on lots of the issues we’re facing with InFuse 5 Pro on the ATV…

So… Someone suggested that I should use “Library View”. But I can’t find ANY WAY to set that up. To be quite candid, InFuse 5 has some of the most minimal (and useless) integrated help documentation.

How to set up a Library view?

Will it work with Plex? Screenshots show “Plex”? How?

How do I get files/foilders in a selected share to be displayed in most recent first order? Nothing I’ve tried does that.

When I show “Recently Added”, even THAT’S not the most recently added at the top! The top item shown was added in 2012, but there’s been gobs added since then.

Library is enabled by default, and will be available through the Library item found on the home screen.

You can adjust which Favorites are included in the Library through the Setting > Library menu. It will work with Plex, and most other network devices.

Favorites can be added to the homescreen from any Library category, just long-press on a category to reveal this option.

Once you have the Library set up and working the way you want it, you can opt to hide your folder based favorites from the home screen. To do this, simply long-press on each and select the ‘Hide Favorite’ option.

Home screen has only: search and settings icon; then since I’ve added shares, they show up.
I had added “TV” and “Recently Added”. Neither of which show as I’d expect – I have it set to show by date, and TV is showing by folder alphabetically; and “Recently added” is definitely not showing stuff I’ve recently added – it’s about 3 years out of date. (I deleted and re-added it… same result)

No LIBRARY on the Infuse 5 Pro Apple TV home screen that I can see.

Going to “settings”; clicking “Library” brings up only “show library” and “scan for changes”. “Show library” is checked.
On the left side of that screen it shows movies=0, TV episodes=0, and Other=0

You can adjust which Favorites are included in the Library through the Setting > Library menu. It will work with Plex, and most other network devices.

I can not see ANY Library menu anywhere.
I can’t see any way to enable Plex anywhere.
I can’t see my Plex server showing up anywhere (not an option for “protocols” of shares, either)

Favorites can be added to the homescreen from any Library category, just long-press on a category to reveal this option.

Once you have the Library set up and working the way you want it, you can opt to hide your folder based favorites from the home screen. To do this, simply long-press on each and select the ‘Hide Favorite’ option.

All of this might be nice if only there were a library option or setting somewhere. Bzzzzt. Can’t find anything.

We are talking Infuse5 with pro added on, on the newest Apple TV… right?

Bottom line: Not at all usable yet.

James, as I said back in December…

Nothing you wrote above seems to apply to what I see on the Apple TV Infuse5 Pro…

Library item on the home screen --> No such item there at all. Just the one favorite I created (“TV Shows”)

Settings / Library —> click it and you get a “show library” turn on or off; and scan for changes. No way to set ANY favorites or ANYTHING into the library.

Help!

Can anyone tell me please, how to set Infuse Pro 5 on an Apple TV to have a “LIBRARY” with “recently added”… PLEASE!
Will it access Plex or not?

The way it is, Infuse Pro 5 is of virtually no use to me…

Thanks

Fearlessleader,
I’m guessing you have added your shares via the UPnP/DLNA protocol. For Library capability, you need to be using SMB, NFS, FTP or WebDAV.
Make sure wherever you are hosting your media files has the file access protocol running mentioned before.
Like James said, once you have those shares added, the Library functionality is automatic and works very well.

Cheers!

Ahhh… Thanks! Hadn’t heard about which protocols were specifically supported, but saying NFS was the clue I needed.

The shares on the NAS were set for SMB, NFS, and AFP. For some reason the SMB wasn’t showing up correctly and I had to select NFS (since Infuse doesn’t seem to support AFP). BUT, NFS has to be set specially – it doesn’t just show the NAS’ share as being there so I had to manually enter the IP and protocol name to find it.

Now, as NFS, it’s showing a Library!

Any idea whether Infuse will ever support Plex so that watched/unwatched status is “shared”?