Infuse 5 Pricing

:wink: I love you too. Glad to hear it. Seriously though the devs should have already told everyone this with a prominent announcement link on their website home page. And they should definitely have made a highly visible sticky on the forum… though i suppose it’s possible they’d be afraid of getting into trouble with Apple for advertising the refund system so openly. But I can :smiley:

App launches like this are always difficult for developers and customers, a large number of people will get left behind, it’s inevitable. The goal is to make the transition easy and costless for as many people we can, help people get their refunds if at all possible. Then buy the new version. I’m personally not able to do that.

I don’t know what pricing options are available in other countries but my advice is to avoid the in-app purchases and subscriptions in general, they’re limiting, just buy the full-priced one-time purchase app, then you can use Family Sharing too. ((Edit:apparently you can get family sharing going even with subscription option so long as you use the same trakt account on all family devices, if you don’t want to do that then get the one-time version. Infuse Pro: Purchases, Upgrades, and Family Sharing)) In the grand scheme of things it’s really not much money. I think it’s quite good value for money. They support their apps with updates for a decently long time. New app launches are infrequent. And it’s a universal app for iOS and tvOS, so they’re putting in double the effort for their Apple customers. I got an Apple TV solely for Infuse, worth it. I think it’s way better than running an inefficient Plex server that needs to transcode everything.

Reading through recent posts I can see that some people have tried and succeeded to get their full refunds, others have failed. As I mentioned in my last post, you’re likely to receive the refund if you apply within 7 days. Within 3 days and it’s pretty much guaranteed. After 7 days your chances are very much lower, after 14 days they’re virtually non existent. They SAY you can apply for a refund within 90 days but that’s only for truly exceptional circumstances, such as an app which had large number of refund requests and after investigation got pulled for being illegitimate. None of the refund requests are seen or handled by humans, the system bases its decision on how long it’s been, how many other people have requested a refund on that same app, and what reason you gave. The best answer in my opinion is that you bought the wrong app and meant to buy another, even if you don’t have the intention of buying one immediately. I believe Apple wants you to be happy so they keep your business, so give the automated system the answer it needs to give you a good result and make you buy another app.

Edit: they’re now offering free 1 year subscription to anyone who bought after 1st August 2016, you send them the Apple receipt and they’ll hook you up, Upgrading to Infuse 5, pricing, and other details This is a great solution if you aren’t able to claim a full refund from Apple like I mentioned.

Edits: Lastly, devs, build in universal search and alphabetic scrolling and multitasking/pip for Infuse Pro 4 as a gesture of good will for the customers left behind. Finish it off. I want another 3-6 months use out of it before I upgrade again. My bandwidth means I can’t use any of the cloud features in Pro5 so it’s not worth upgrading yet. If you want to impress and convince customers to buy Infuse pro 5 then make many more major visual changes to improve the UI, adding support for movie trailers, calendars for movie and tv series release/air dates, ISO plus Video_Ts support with full menus, and really sell people on the idea of parental controls, new stuff etc.

Cheers.