Infuse 5.9, the standard +/- 10sec seeks with Siri Remote are now huge

This problem came with upgrading Infuse Pro from 5.8 to 5.9. When I click on the edges of the Siri Remote touchpad to make a 10 second jump during playback Infuse now makes big jumps. I tested against to different SMB servers. For a typical half hour video the jumps are over 2 minutes. It seems to depend on the length of the video. For reference download the 115MB demo from blender.com named “BigBuckBunny_640x360.m4v” at: https://download.blender.org/peach/bigbuckbunny_movies/BigBuckBunny_640x360.m4v
This demo file skips one minute when making a Siri Remote ‘seek’. Other video apps (streaming apps like Netflix) still behaves normally.

Any idea what’s going on?

Did you turn on chapter skipping?

Yes, I realise I did turn on “chapter skipping”. Problem solved, thanks to Tim! I must say, I can’t understand why this seek value should change when “chapter skipping” is on and the video doesn’t have chapters… If only Infuse offered a simple description line with each of the settings! The Apple TV ‘Settings’ app is a good example of how to do this. Anyways, case closed and thanks!! :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.