Infuse 5.9 - File deletion issue NAS

Hello,

With the new 5.9 version, I have the same issue on my iPhone, iPad and Apple TV. File management feature is active but I always have the same error when I try to delete a file on my NAS from Infuse. Error message is: “An error occurred”

I have tried to reboot my NAS but the problem remains. I never had this issue before with previous Infuse versions.

Am I alone?

Thank you.

Yes, I have this problem now, too. Infuse can’t seem to delete files anymore. I’ve checked the permissions on the files and they’re correct, but Infuse now fails with an error when I try to delete any video files.

Assuming you are using NFS, this is a known issue which will be fixed in 5.9.1 according to Upcoming Features (updated 2/23/21)

Hi,

Indeed, I only have the issue with NFS protocol. When I use SMB, file deletion works fine. Thanks for the info.

Yes, this is a bug which has been resolved for the 5.9.1 update which is due out within the next few days.

Thanks for your patience. :slight_smile:

Hey Guys!

I’m on 5.9.4 and this feature is still not working for me neither on my iphone or my apple tv. The delete icon is there, but every single attempt ends with “an error occurred”. Playing directly from a time capsule through smb with rw access controlled by pw. Verified that the pw is correct.

Can you guys please confirm that this has been properly fixed on 5.9.1+?

Cheers,
dRm

EDIT: I figured it out and it’s working now. As the time capsule only needs a password for rw access, I didn’t have a username set in Infuse. This is how it’s set up on my raspberry pi as well, so it’s not that SMB requires a username in order to work. Anyway, it looks like if username is not set, Infuse does not use the pw either. Adding a random username did the trick.

EDIT 2: The 5.9.5 update broke it again and my workaround of using a random username doesn‘t seem to work anymore either.

We recommend using a username of ‘admin’ for Time Capsule and AirPort Extreme. You may also try restarting the Time Capsule itself to see if that helps.

Aside from that, we’re not aware of any remaining issues, but if you are still having trouble please send in a report from your device and open a support ticket so we can look further into what may be going on.

Good stuff! Using ‘admin’ for username worked! Thanks much James! :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.