Infuse 4 no longer working under iOS 14.5 Beta 2

Greetings,

I have been happily using Infuse 4 (Pro I guess, I know I paid “extra” for additional functionality back when I purchased the app) for a number of years now. It has always met my needs for local file video playback. I went to use it on my iPhone XS Max running the latest iOS 14.5 Beta 2 and when I run the app I get a warning “Infuse 4” Needs to Be Updated. The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of iOS.

Is there any chance you folks will be updating the app to allow us legacy users to continue to be able to use the version we are otherwise satisfied with?

Regards,

Greg

Hey Greg, given the last update for Infuse 4 was in November of 2016, and the release of Infuse 7 is on the horizon, it is unlikely that an update will be issued. Support for Infuse 4 has ended, and has not been guaranteed to work on newer versions of iOS or tvOS.

Your best option would be to upgrade to Infuse 6. If you require any of the Pro features, you can subscribe to the monthly or yearly plan, or get Lifetime to receive all future updates (7, 8, 9, etc.) for free.

Otherwise, if you would prefer to continue using Infuse Pro 4, and it worked on iOS 14.4, then you will need to revert your phone back to iOS 14.4

Since you have v4 Pro, you can get a free year of Infuse Pro when you upgrade to Infuse 6 (soon to be 7)

1 Like

There is an update to make it work… infuse 6 or the upcoming infuse 7.

Infuse 4 was removed from the App Store in 2016, and will not be receiving any further updates. Sorry.

However, you can take advantage of the promo linked above to get on the latest version, which includes a ton of new features.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.