Infuse 4.3.7 throttling

Hello,

up until a few days ago I was using Infuse 4.3.6 (on iOS 11) and everything was working great. Then I upgraded to 4.3.7 and the performance of the app is now greatly deteriorated. When time seeking forward or backward or even just pressing pause and play, it takes exactly 5 seconds until the film starts playing again.

Another post about the same issue: Seek time

It was working perfectly fine in 4.3.6 and it works fine 5.7 so it seems very clear that this is an attempt to force people to upgrade to Infuse Pro 5.

I find this quite shocking. I find it acceptable that you make Infuse 5 a paid upgrade but crippling the previous version to force people to upgrade is just not acceptable.

I was considering upgrading to 5 anyways for the HDR feature but there are features in Infuse Pro 4 which I prefer (rotation lock).

Infuse was always one of my favourite apps, it was really quite perfect, the design, the features, the control, there was nothing to left to wish for and I often recommended it.

So this is really a big blow to me and I honestly don’t know where to go from here.

Sincerely,
Bernhard

Welcome to the forum!

Apple introduced some changes in iOS 11.3 which unfortunately resulted in some issues with seeking in Infuse. We addressed these in the 5.6.10 update which was released in March of this year (Infuse Release Notes | Firecore), but older versions (both v4 and v5) will have this issue with iOS 11.3 and later.

If you’re interested in upgrading to Infuse 5, we have a special running for Infuse 4 users. More info on this can be found here. Infuse Pro: Purchases, Upgrades, and Family Sharing

Thanks for the fast reply and sorry for the wrong accusations.

So the “Special Lifetime” is the one which you are talking about?

Any chance you can bring back rotation lock to Infuse 5? When I tilted my device on Infuse 4 there was a little pop up which allowed me to lock it.

Yep, v4 users have a special price when upgrading to a lifetime license.

Rotation lock is available on iPhone, but on iPad it’s best to use the native iOS rotation lock found in Control Center.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.