Indexing error with Jellyfin 10.8.8

My Jellyfin server just upgraded to 10.8.8 today and I noticed indexing failure messages in infuse on tvos.

I downgraded to 10.8.7 and infuse was able to index again.

1 Like

Same problem with 10.8.8.
Sync is working again after removing the InfuseSync plugin.

I think its the InfuseSync plugin. So I would sugest to upgrade again to 10.8.8 and just reinstall this plugin to latest version.

I’m already on the latest InfuseSync plugin 1.4.2.0

Server
Version: 10.8.8
Operating System: Linux
Architecture: X64
InfuseSync plugin: 1.4.2.0

Client
Apple TV (A2843)
TVOS 16.1.1
Infuse 7.4.8

Diagnostics code: ZXJ03

Had the same problem, downgraded to 10.8.7 and it connected again. Would not recognise my username/password to allow connection to server

1 Like

Is there are known fix for this?

For me a downgrade of Jellyfin server to 10.8.7 works until it gets fixed

Same for me! I’m not sure what’s changed to cause this on Jellyfin’s end?

Funny how a bug fix (according to the numbering) introduces a new bug. :slight_smile:

So no upgrade yet for me. I will then. Thanks.

Again just reinstall the infusesync plugin within jellyfin. No need to downgrade

Again just reinstall the infusesync plugin within jellyfin. No need to downgrade

Thank you for the suggestion but I can confirm reinstalling the infusesync plugin does not work for my set up. I removed the plugin, then reinstalled (all through the UI), then restarted the server. Then went to infuse and confirmed the same indexing error still shows when scanning the library.

Downgrading to 10.8.7 does work for me.

strange here its working fine after that. and what about infusesync 1.4.1.0 (previous version the plugin)

I haven’t had the chance to test 10.8.8 yet but I do know that to reinstall the plugin you have to restart Jellyfin after uninstalling:

• Uninstall InfuseSync plugin via Jellyfin UI
• Restart Jellyfin service
• Install InfuseSync plugin
• Restart Jellyfin service

I haven’t had the chance to test 10.8.8 yet but I do know that to reinstall the plugin you have to restart Jellyfin after uninstalling

I went through those steps and again re-installing the plugin does not fix the issue for me.

As another data point I checked whether indexing works on the AppleTV with the plugin uninstalled whilst on 10.8.8 server but it does not. Whereas indexing does work without the plugin on 10.8.7. So my conclusion is the problem is unrelated to the plugin.

Looking at the diff between the two versions it looks like some permissions have changed around the API library controller and items: Comparing v10.8.7...v10.8.8 · jellyfin/jellyfin · GitHub

With 10.8.8 when running a ‘Scan for changes’ in infuse I get the following log items in Jellyfin:

[11:07:50] [INF] [10] Jellyfin.Api.Auth.CustomAuthenticationHandler: AuthenticationScheme: CustomAuthentication was forbidden.

Got a chance to update and test this, unfortunately I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue. Fetching content worked fine with an existing Infuse installation, a new installation and a metadata delete/rebuild on an existing library. All worked without error.

Jellyfin 10.8.8 X64 Docker Image (jellyfin/jellyfin)
Host OS: Linux (Unraid)
InfuseSync Plugin: 1.4.2.0

As of last week I am unable to login to my jellyfin share. It was working fine for year+. Ever since upgrading to 10.8.8 , my jf share username / pw shows as inccorect in Infuse, despite working on all other platforms.

I tried reinstalling the infuse plugin, as was suggested in another thread, but it did not help. Any help would be apprreciated.

It looks like the the API endpoint we were using for non-admin users is no longer available in 10.8.8.

We’ve switched to the new endpoint for the 7.4.9 release which is getting submitted to Apple today.

1 Like

@james Thanks for the response. I still don’t see any available updates for Infuse on our devices, any ideas on when the updated version will be available to end users? Thanks.