I'm sorry, I've tried to like the newer UI but I just can't

I’ve given it my best shot, but the new UI main screen just looks awfully cluttered - I don’t care about Recently Added, Movie Genres, Unwatched, and Top Rated - I just wish I could go back to my old main screen from a few months ago where I could just have 3 buttons on the main screen linking to the folders I use on my NAS to store my videos.

Sure, they’re still there, and this isn’t the end of the world, but I miss it when it was so clean with just those.

Might it be possible for options to be added somewhere to switch off all the other stuff? I can’t find anything that does that.

All the best,
Rolf.

You can set it back to minimal items. Here’s a thread that discusses the new features in the home screen and how to change it.

Thanks - that helps some; very odd having to switch on Library first to go in to switch things off then switch off Library again, but never mind.

However…

This doesn’t let me get rid of Top Rated Movies; I’ve been in and long pressed on everything that has a star in the library lists and managed to switch everything else off, but can’t find this one.

Any idea how I remove this from the home screen too?

Thanks!

Found it!

Library → Movies → By Rating → Top 30 was the option, if anyone else is looking.

Not a problem Library>Movies>By Rating>Top 30 Long press on “Top 30”

Anything else?

Last thing - got it back down to just my 3 links now.

Any chance there’s a way to reorder these? I’ve tried long-pressing hoping they would “jiggle” and let me move them around (so I can put my most used one on the left where it will be the one automatically selected) but I don’t get an option for that.

Thanks for all the help so far!

I don’t think there’s a way to just drag them but they are in alphabetical order so if you get creative with the names you may be able to get what you want. If it’s acceptable to you, you could also just place a 1, 2, and 3 in front of the name to order them that way.

Just tried an experiment and you can also long click on the favorite and select rename, then place one, two, or three spaces in front of the name and that will also let you re-order the names without changing the visible name.

Thanks for all the help - really appreciated!

Glad to help! ?