iFaith 1.5.9 not downloading Essentials.

I'm wondering if this is just me.

I have noticed over the last few months that the once laudable functionality of iFaith 1.5.9 is being gradually eroded.

And am I alone in wondering why it (and Sn0wbreeze) has never been updated?

Blobs "saved" to Cydia for 5.3 have not shown up in iFaith for a long time but now blobs for older firmwares cease to appear in Cydia when saved. I have noticed this because I am having to use iFaith 1.5.8 to save blobs of firmwares older than 5.3 because 1.5.9 no longer works for me.  And 1.5.8 won't dump blobs for 5.3. 

1.5.9 hangs at Downloading Essentials...

I know that we cans still manually save the shsh file that is saved to Cydia when we fetch the 5.3 signature from Apple but how long are we going to be able to do that for, I wonder?  We have been on borrowed time for some months.

I smell a rat.

http://forum.firecore.com/topic/12267

It sounds like your situation is like Wodehouse's here... which mirrors exactly what I have been experiencing regarding the ability to save signatures.  Just bloody ridiculous.

And after his scathing review of the current state of this site, it is indeed good to see a familar name posting, my friend.

I have just about given up on Apple TV's... and it seems like most others have as well.

What do you figure is going on?