iCloud Syncing causing AppleTV to lose library

I wanted to try streaming files from my Dropbox account, so I added that service via my iPhone and with iCloud sync it showed up on my AppleTV as expected. Then when I went to check my local library (SMB), the AppleTV gives me wrong user/password. I figured iCloud sync from the phone messed something up, so I deleted the local library on my AppleTV and iPhone. Upon trying to re-add the library, the AppleTV STILL gives me the wrong user/password error, even though I was able to re-add it successfully on my iPhone.

I never watch Infuse on my phone, so having it work there is kind of pointless. I removed all sources through my iPhone and tried to re-add my SMB share through my AppleTV and I STILL get the wrong password–and no, I not typing it incorrectly, I can access the SMB share via my MacBook, iMac and iPhone.

Any ideas?

Issue hasn’t fully gone away, but I “fixed” it by changing the username and password to my SMB share on my router and re-added to Infuse. It worked, but it’s not an ideal solution as I know have to update the user/pass on all my devices.

Sorry for the trouble.

We’ve identified a case where this can happen, and are working on a fix for the upcoming 6.0.4 release.

1 Like

6.0.4 is now available.

Please let us know if you have any trouble after installing this update. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.