I downloaded and installed atv flash a couple of nights ago, but was having some problems getting some of the features to work, and then mucked around some with a few settings.
Today, out of the blue, I tried to watch an episode of The Office (one that I actually had watched – and, more importantly heard – without difficulty the night before) and found that I had suddenly lost sound for all of the following:
- all files on my streamed macmini (music and video, encoded in various ways)
- all music files on my mac pro (which is considered the appleTV’s main collection)
- all menu navigation sounds (and yes – I have navigation sounds set to on
- a local video_TS file I had transferred to the HDD to check on TS file playback
Prior to today, I had no sound issues whatsoever with any of these sources.
Frankly, I now can get no audio whatsoever except for 2 things:
- the intro when the appleTV is booting up
- all of my Handbraked movies (made with the ‘appleTV’ profile) on my mac pro – DD 5.1 passing fine, even a 1.0 movie (Double Indemnity) passed fine audio-wise.
So, I have audio from my handbraked movies, but not from ANY of my music on my mac pro, and I have no audio whatsoever from ANY files on the macmini.
In a moment of frustration, I decided to reset the appletv to factory settings with the plan of starting from scratch all over again, re-loading with flash, etc.
Unfortunately, even after I did so, the appleTV still has the same issues. :oops: So, now, I have atv flash uninstalled, but I don’t even have appleTV’s basic out-of-the-box functionality anymore.
I get the distinct feeling that my problem is now nigh-to-unfixable absent getting a replacement…
One note that may be of some utility – at one point, I removed 2 sources from the ‘audio blacklist’ (I honestly don’t remember the exact phrase) in some portion of the DVD sub-menu. I had (and still have) no idea what the significance of this move could be, but it seems as if it was somewhat temporally related to my newfound problems.
I would GREATLY appreciate any help, as my appletv is now pretty much useless.