Hi everyone, probably due to an error trying to change my default password, I’m no more able to ssh my ATV 2, with Atv Flash and all the Fire Core stuff. What do you suggest, in order to not loose my JB, and get a new fresh password? Thank you very much and sorry for my english
Should be enough to re-JB my Atv2? With SeasonPass and 5.3?
Any help? Thank you so much!
You can try this; no guarantee it will work so make sure you have your SHSH blobs saved in case you need to rejailbreak your device.
- SSH to the Apple TV and Login as root/alpine
- Type the command chown mobile /etc/passwd
- Connect to your device using sFTP (FileZilla on Windows or something else on a Mac…)
- When logging in use the combination of mobile/alpine
- Change the directory to /etc
- Download the passwd file and edit it so that the password matches that of mobile (not sure if the hash varies between machines but here is mine smx7MYTQIi2M).
- Upload the changed file
- In SSH type chown root /etc/passwd
- In SSH type reboot and hope you can log in with root now.