I lost ability to configure HDMI output after jailbreaking

Hello - after jailbreaking my Apple TV (latest 4.2.1 (2100) ) I can no longer change the HDMI output mode between Automatic/RGB High/RGB Low/ etc.

When I click on that menu item, the screen just flickers for a second but it never changes from Automatic.

Any idea why?

Thanks,

Marek

Could I please ask someone with aTV2 on 4.3 (4.2.1 2100) to check if the option I'm talking about is still working for you?

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3712?viewlocale=en_US

If it works:

- how did you JB your aTV2 (what tool did you use)?

- did you install FireCore flash?

- what apps did you install (players, browsers etc)

Thanks!

Some more findings. I did JB my aTV in three different ways (restoring to original firmware in between):

- Seas0npass 0.7.5, plus XBMC, NitoTV - HDMI mode switching doesn't work
- pwnagetool 4.3.2, no additional apps (even NitoTV was missing) - HDMI mode switching doesn't work
- sn0wbreeze 2.6.1 (NitoTV added by the tool, no extra apps) - 
HDMI mode switching doesn't work

I will really appreciate some feedback.

Thanks

[quote="smarek"]

Some more findings. I did JB my aTV in three different ways (restoring to original firmware in between):

- Seas0npass 0.7.5, plus XBMC, NitoTV - HDMI mode switching doesn't work
- pwnagetool 4.3.2, no additional apps (even NitoTV was missing) - HDMI mode switching doesn't work
- sn0wbreeze 2.6.1 (NitoTV added by the tool, no extra apps) - 
HDMI mode switching doesn't work

I will really appreciate some feedback.

Thanks

[/quote]

Have to assume you are using the latest version of Apple TV 2 software when you restore between.  Thats all good news on that.  Where did you get the IPSW file to use with SNOWBREEZE initially?  Just FYI that NitoTV can add apps within itself, I think.

I’m having the exact same problem. HDMI output setting is stuck on Auto which seems to be RGB High because picture is way to bright and lots of video compression artifacts is visible in the (not so very) dark parts of the picture.

The Apple TV 2 had 4.3.0 (Build 8F455) from factory, then HDMI output setting worked fine and produced good picture even when set to Auto.

After jailbreaking with Seas0nPass Version 0.7.9 (265) and firmware 4.3.0 (Build 8F455) the HDMI setting is stuck. Did not install any additional software after jailbreaking.

Think I’ll try to restore back to stock to see if setting work again, to rule out whether it’s JB-related or not.

Fortunately the ability to change HDMI setting had returned when i restarted the device today. It is still set to Auto but the picture is much better and I’m able to change the setting. Just hope this keeps working…

Same here… HDMI output stuck at Auto… by default my atv setting is 1024x768 and I need it to be 720p to get rid of a multicolor flickering stripe at the top of my screen… And why is’nt the firecore dev team reply to any of these questions?