I have a life membership, how do I download xmbc

I have a life membership, how do I download xmbc for my silver Apple TV or do I have to pay again to acquire it?

+1

Hum, not helping :wink:

I asked the same question in support. It would seem that it should be included as part of the original.

@aj.14852 Did support confirm this with you? or are you still awaiting a response from them?

I have a life membership too!
Would be nice if firecore give us support as we did we trusted them paying lifetime!! =)

I really don’t understand how you, Firecore people, can actually even try to charge us for this last update. I paid for lifetime updates for my ATV 1 (silver), which I still have, believing that’s exactly what I would get: LIFETIME updates for ATV 1. We stopped being able to update XBMC since Frodo and you guys ignored the situation. Now that XBMC has discontinued support to Eden and we are definitely doomed, you release the fix BUT we have to pay for it again . Why? The fact is we’re stuck: you don’t offer a solution for ATV 3 black (which I also have) and you want to charge us again to keep using our ATV 1. You are taking advantage of this and acting as genuine pirates. Have you no scruples at all?

Completely new versions of any software often have a charge. But an upgrade path is usually offered. Perhaps Firecore will see to offer this to all lifetime update customers.

I have the same inquiry since I have a Lifetime Membership for the aTV Flash (silver). When I purchased, I figured I would have access to software updates during the Lifetime of the Apple TV which I still own… I figured FireCore would still honor software upgrades/updates for the Apple TV Silver (1st gen.) since that’s what the software is intend for. (unless we missed the fine print during an $79.95 purchase)

So what’s the coupon code for existing life membership holders?

FireCore Response aTV Flash (xbmc edition) is a separate app, but as a courtesy you can use the coupon code below to receive a 50% discount when ordering.

My Thoughts: What their saying is (reading between the lines), we have abandon the software (Lifetime) and we are no longer creating, supporting or updating the old software for the Apple TV (silver) in an effort to create an new revenue stream by stating it a separate app. XBMC is considered a shareware with no cost. OpenELEC is shareware at no cost as well. Just my thoughts on the matter.

What WE all need to know:

Openelec is free!!! U just need to know how to install it to the atv1,

OPENELEC WILL NOT I REPEAT WILL NOT SUPPORT THE ATV1 FOR KODI!!! Kodi replaces gotham 13.2, to which firecore is currently using for their xbmc app!!!

SO I PAID FOR LIFETIME UPDATES FOR THE XBMC APP… SO WHAT I NOW KNOW IS I JUST GAVE MY MONEY TO A COMPANY FOR NOTHING!!! THERE WILL BE NO MORE UPDTES USING XBMC AS GOTHAM IS NOW DISCONTINUED AND THE ATV1 will not be supported any longer!!!

SO FIRECORE WHY THE DICEPTION? Why so greedy? Why would u allow people to believe there are going to be these “lifetime upgrades” WHEN U KNOW IF U READ THE OPENELEC FORUMS CHEWITT THE ADMIN OVER THERE HAS SAID THEY WILL DROP SUPPORT FOR KODI ON THE ATV1…???

I looked on the site, and ATV1 seems EOL for this version of xbmc. Even with an upgrade path, would this version be worth it? … that is what I am wondering.

Even though I am a “life member”, went ahead and bought this “update”. It is an update somewhat like Redhat was for Linux. I’ve looked at the xmbc update for ATV1, I have to say I was happier with the original system by a country mile. Even though the Apple OS is obsolete it still has a better finish and feel than All xmbc, All The Time. Unfortunately, ATV1 AND ATV2 are both EOL and its unlikely that we’ll see enough demand to drive a jailbreak solution for ATV3. With obsolete hardware being their only resource, Firecore chose this path to remain relevant. So, now, each of us has to judge whether this is an “update” that is worth it. I just wish I had seen something that clearly stated this update would replace instead of exist beside Apple’s OS. Kodi doesn’t work on the old aTV Flash, but XMBC was still somewhat functional. I think I’ll go back.

Thanks that was helpful. I am looking to others who have converted to this version, to see what their thoughts are. This app has apparently an easy path to ‘revert’.

donwload crystal ubuntu no wifi ,just hard wire

just download it

JUST DOWNLOAD WHAT? EXACTLY??

THIS FIRECORE SITE IS A BIG SCAM!!! THE GUY THAT RUNS IT IS A PIECE OF SHIT!! JUST LOOK AT HIS PRICK SCANDEL FACE!!!

OPENELEC IS THE WAY TO GO, THEY HAVE THEIR NEWEST VERSION OUT AND IT WORKS GREAT WITH KODI 15.1 AND 15.2

NO NEED TO BUUUYYYY ANY OF THIS SOFTWARE THAT THEY CLAIM TO MAKE WHEN its all free