I Guess I'll wait for BitStreaming

I’d prefer bitstreaming to lpcm especially for hd audio because I want my receiver to do all the processing.

I hope this will be a reality soon

Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD MA, and LPCM are all lossless formats and will provide the exact same audio to your ears.

True bitstreaming (sending of compressed formats over HDMI) requires hardware support from Apple, and if I were a betting man I’d wager won’t be added until iTunes movies contain HD audio tracks.

well, yea, theoretically, but I’ve learnt over the years that the same file played by different hardware/software even at different stages will have differences.

Also, I did an unscientific but short test when I got my receiver, and I do feel the loss of dynamics with lpcm. It’s not a huge difference, but you know, I’m anal like that lol.

But thanks for your input. And yea, it’s unfortunate that apple doesn’t support that.

Sometimes receivers will apply additional settings (theatre, movie, music, sports, thx) on top of whatever the source is. With mine it is dependent on the source, so any setting picked for DTS input may not be the same when LPCM is the input.