I can no longer connect to my NAS

In iOS 14 (doesn’t currently apply to tvOS), Apple added a new security/privacy setting for local network access.

Infuse will ask you about this when opening it for the first time on iOS 14, but the option can be changed later in iOS > Settings > Infuse. This will need to be enabled for Infuse to access any devices on your network.

thx. does that mean if I want pro I need to buy it extra? lifetime only allows the basic version?

mine was actually already set to this strangely.

No, the Infuse Pro version 6 on the App storeis a one time purchase and is version 6 only. You can’t get upgrades to version 7 and beyond.

The Infuse 6 version is a free version but with a subscription you can upgrade it to Pro with all of the pro features. The difference is when your subscription lapses when you choose monthly or yearly your copy will revert to the basic free version. This is where the Lifetime subscription comes in, if you get the lifetime subscription you will get all upgrades to the Pro version including version 7, 8 and so on for the one time purchase of a Lifetime subscription.

If you got the lifetime subscription then all you need to do is to DL the Infuse 6 non pro version and restore the lifetime purchase to get the pro features. This costs you nothing. Just hit the restore button.

Understood thanks.

Using bonjour discovery this morning I can see the NAS shows twice, once under its name and once under its IP address.

Screenshot 2020-09-22 at 06.37.04

In MacOS the same happens. I don’t think I recall seeing this before. Could it be confusing Infuse?

Screenshot 2020-09-22 at 06.44.24

Is your Apple TV connected via Ethernet or Wi-Fi?

Are you using a dual-band router?

We’ve seen a few cases where devices may be available on one router band (and ethernet) but are not accessible on another band.

Can you try changing the connection type on the Apple TV (Wi-Fi > Ethernet, or vice-versa)? You can also try connecting your MacBook via the same method as the Apple TV to see which devices show up.

I have also noticed that the NAS is showing as “unreachable” through my iPhone app prologue, which attempts to read the Plex server from my NAS.

Therefore I think we can assume the issue is that the NAS has become unreachable for some reason, but it remains reachable from my MAC. Do you have any advice as to how to trouble shoot here?

It works neither on wifi nor on ethernet. Where do I go from here? This is incredibly frustrating please help

Disable any and all firewalls and other security features on your NAS. Can you reach it via IP through the Files app?

Did you get this sorted out @paul_doran?

I’m wondering if it may have be an IP address issue, (only guessing), static IP perhaps??

It’s very strange. I deleted Infuse, rebooted the NAS and started over and now it works fine. These sort of reboots are really annoying. I can’t think what caused it

How is your network setup? Is it a pretty basic one where everything is connected to a router or are you using managed switches and vlans?

NAS has an ethernet cable into router. Apple TV is connected to ethernet into router! Couldn’t be simpler!

Same here! My files are stored on a Apple Time Capsule. Wasn’t able to access then via Apple TV 4K; iPhone; or iPad. Tried to uninstall the app on the iPad and reinstalled it, now everything is working on all of the devices.

It’s possible tvos/ios14 gimped up some permissions and a reinstall fixed it.

I have noticed the new Apple TV refresh seems to be causing issues with the reliability of an airplay connection too (I cant broadcast from YouTube at the moment, it keeps crashing)

I am also having issues with YouTube and airplay speakers so maybe they did an app update that broke something, not necessarily just Apple TV.

Wonder if this happened to play a part in the problem

I don’t have any issues with airplay. Reboot your router. Maybe you’re having some sort of mDNS issue.

24 posts were split to a new topic: Problem with SMB & NAS