Hulu working perfectly though XBMC

name is "root"

password is "alpine"

thank you ktjensen and everyone who help me

finally got it working :) , the problem was i dint know the user name and passw

now everytime i want to install diferent xbmc plug-in can i use this same metod?

again thanks

Yes Mata7 - just do it the same way

Hulu will not work for me as I live in the uk and I would have to set up a proxy to get the streaming to work. I use fastpasstv

The Hulu plugin was working perfect for the last month. But yesterday (3/9/11) it doenst work anymore. Other plugins I have, like CBS and TBS still work as normal. Wonder if it is a flash update issue? I knew Hulu might catch on at some point. Any thoughts, or is there something I should check? Did bluecop make an update for this?

I am having a similar problem.. I finally got the plugin uploaded to my ATV2 and installed via Cyberduck but I cannot seem to get one single Hulu file to load, as well as none from Southpark or PBS.com but Adultswim and a few others seem to work 100% of the time.. Is there anything I can do to enable Hulu+ on my XBMC client? By the way, I am running ATV Flash Black Beta 3 on iOS 4.2 (the newest release as of this date, still requires tethered boot). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I have almost everything I want on my ATV now, EXCEPT FOR HULU+!!! Please someone give me the key to making it all the way perfect- this is driving me a little batty trying to figure out the problem. Thanks!

UNFREAKING believable! Awesome. thanks for sharing!

read about how HULU is intermittant on XBMC.  It might work partially, but might continue to have problems.

http://forum.firecore.com/topic/4175

I personally use the BLUECOP plugin repository to get HULU, but also will switch to the UPnP application called PLAYON which functions via XBMC.  Still am getting random crashes of HULU about half way or three quarters through a show.

I get an error "Playback failed, One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details.

where is the log file and does anyone have any advice on this issue? I have a jailbroken atv2 ios 4.1.1 (greenposion)

Got to that same point and received same error.  Do you think Hulu changed something?  It all looks good up to the point of actually running the episode/movie you selected.  Also, tried the Amazon prime beta in the same repository but couldn't get anything to play.  I'm sure it's too early in the development.  Anyone solve this Hulu problem yet?

yeah...

unfortunately HULU has changed the handshaking method for streaming files.

BlueCop is working on it. You can follow his thread here:

http://code.google.com/p/bluecop-xbmc-repo/updates/list

You can also follow updates on XBMC forum here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/search.php?searchid=8068840

Hopefully there will be a fix soon!!!!

I downloaded Cyberduck, entered the right IP address and username / password, sftp protocol, and I get the error message Login failed

I use frontrow for username and password

(I have Apple TV2, and installed openssh using nito-TV)

Am I missing something?

When I run cyberduck and enter frontrow for username and password it says "login failed"

Any idea why?

Appreciated the info on getting Hulu to work.  Also found Amazon Prime beta plug-in there.  Neither seems to work anymore.

Apple2 TV

username:  root

Password:  alpine

[quote="guillaumeg.5131"]

I downloaded Cyberduck, entered the right IP address and username / password, sftp protocol, and I get the error message Login failed

I use frontrow for username and password

(I have Apple TV2, and installed openssh using nito-TV)

Am I missing something?

[/quote]

I've read/researched everything I can find and here's the latest answers on Hulu plugin for XBMC:  BlueCop has pretty much given up on Hulu plugin for now.  He states it might continue to work in some areas, depending on your isp and dns servers, but they will all eventually go down.  He's not interested in learning the new handshake, waiting on other devs to come up with new standards or for Hulu to give up and come out with API. He's definitely burned out on every newb couchsurfer nagging him because it's not working.  So lay off, shut-up whining, and wait for someone smarter than you to come up with a solution.

and the temporary solution is to use PLAYON application to stream HULU from your desktop server-workstation to the XBMC client.  It just mostly works.

A temporary solution that costs money and needs a Windows box and only mostly works? That won’t be a solution at all for many of us. How about trying Navi-X instead? (http://website.navi-x.org/) It’s not Hulu but it’s free and has a lot of content. Here’s just a small taste of what’s available:

4KidsTV, 66 Stage, ABC, ABC News, [adult swim], AnimeFreak.tv, AP News, Apple iTunes Podcasts, Apple Movie Trailers, Bravo, Cartoon Network, CBS, CBS Sports, CNET, CNN, Crackle, DailyMotion, Digital Blasphemy, Digitalpodcast, DivXStage, ESPN, ESPN Deportes, Flickr, Food Network, Fox Sports, Fragg.me, Golf Channel, G4TV, GameFAQs, Gamekings, GameSpot, GameTrailers, Grooveshark, GSN, Guba, HGTV, HSN, IGN, Justin.tv, Knife & Gun Show, LibriVox, Live Well, Machinima, Maxim, Megavideo Premium, MLB, MLS Soccer, MSNBC News, MTV Music Videos, Nascar, National Geographic, NASA, NBA, NBC, Nick Jr., NFB, NFL, Novamov,Onion News Network, PBS, PBS Kids, Photobucket, Podcast Alley, Radiolala, RadioTime, Revision3, Sesame Street, Shoutcast, Sports Illustrated, StageVu, Syfy, TEDTalks, ThisWeekIn, TruTV, TWiT Broadcast, TWiT TV, UEFA, UFC, VeeHD, Versus, Vevo, VideoFriender, Vimeo, Vintage Tooncast, WB Kids, WebBeat.TV, YesNetwork, YouTube, YouTube Shows

Navi-X is available on XBMC and Boxee. Enjoy!

ok i have xbmc installed it is nightly i have the hulu plug-in and it loads but will not pl;ay movies when i pick a show or movie or clip it says one or more items faild to play check the log file for details please help

If you read through the above posts, you’ll discover that this plugin works for some Hulu content but not for most. I’d recommend checking out Navi-X or Bluecop’s other plugin Free Cable (in the linked repository). The only other way I know to watch Hulu through your ATV2 is a combination of Plex and Plexflix and even then, it doesn’t always work. Best of luck!