Hulu Desktop!

Ok, how long until someone hacks Hulu Desktop to run on the Apple TV… screw their “rules”, we need this app! :mrgreen:

I really hate to burst your bubble, but the Apple TV doesn’t come close to meeting the system requirements.

Intel Pentium Core Duo 2.0GHz
At least 2.0 GB of RAM

Mac OS X v10.4 (Tiger) or later
2 Mbps Internet connection
Flash 9.0.124

I tried running the Hulu Desktop App on my single processor G-5 1.6Ghz.
Loaded fine but was unusable…even though I had plenty of extra RAM in OSX 10.4…it just wouldn’t run properly.
I’d say even if it could get FTP’d into the ATV, there’s no way the processor/ram could keep up with it.

Really too bad.
Hopefully the next Apple TV will have more capability/horsepower.

Looks like the new Mac Mini’s should work fine though…and that app is a great reason to put my Apple TV on EBay!

FYI,
I Was able to install Hulu desktop on my AppleTV. It launched and even started playing a video. I left it there to see what would happen would it crash or would it work. After about 15 to 20 min in to a video or the start screen it Crashes and brings up a screen saying.

“Error
Hulu Desktop has encountered a server verification error and will now close. Please restart Hulu Desktop to try again. if you repeatedly see this message please report it a Http://www.hulu.com/support/desktop_form (error #35)”

it does install thought so now we need to get past the server verification and we are closer to a native hulu app.