How to update Apple TV from 4.4.3 tethered to 4.4.4

I have aTV Flash (black) 1.1.1 on apple TV 4.4.3 tethered. How should I update the apple TV firmware to untethered 4.4.4 with no lost of aFlash Black?

You cannot avoid reinstalling the FireCore software if you go through the upgrade process. However if you use the Backup option on the Maintenence menu Before you start the upgrade after putting the FireCore apps back you can use that same option to restore all the previous settings and metadata.

The recommended steps for updating are below.

1. Perform a backup through the Maintenance --> Settings --> Manage Backups menu.
  2. Re-jailbreak with new Seas0nPass (this will update you to 4.4.4).
  3. Run aTV Flash (black) installer from a Mac or PC.
  4. Install desired items through Maintenacne --> Manage Extras menu.
  5. Restore to previously saved backup through Maintenance --> Settings --> Manage Backups menu.

Thanks for the help, however, it didn’t work well.

I’ve run the backup, then re-jailbroke and install aFlash again. Installed all extras as I had before and restore the backup. But the backup didn’t work as I expected. For example I saw the folders as I had them before (like Movies, DVDs, TV Shows) but I couldn’t connect to them (they are stored in my Time Capsule). Then I found out that the back up doesn’t remember the passwords, so I reenter it. When I reentered it all the folders as I had them disappeared. So I had to add them again. I also had to set up few other things (time zone, screen saver, etc.) again.

I don’t mind that much because I did it in 2-3 minutes, but someone might complain that it wasn’t absolutely smooth installation…

However, it works great now (maybe it’s just my feeling, but I think it’s little but faster now) and I thank you a lot for doing this great job! aFlast TV (black) ROCKS! :slight_smile:

I have the very same issue with my backups since the beginning.

The restore of the newest backups (full or not) is not working, I don’t even see a difference before or after the restore: no access to my Time Machine, media player not installed and unable to (re) install it.

I got one old backup which seems to keep running though, so I have to use that one over and over again.

The other backups are not functional for some reason.

Backups will only restore the plugin settings, not the plugins themselves.

Once the AppleTV software has been updated, Media Player and other plugins can be installed through the Maintenance --> Manage Extras menu.

Thanks James.

I had issues with re-installing the media player for some reasons (installation screen but no action for more than 20 minutes).

After several reboots, the media player was suddenly activated (installed).

But it seems that the Apple TV must be restarted several times before the settings are coming back (especially the media share to my Time Machine).

Other than that, it works fine for me.