How To Successfully Save 5.3 Signatures!

For those who want to save their 5.3 signatures, here's a process that ABSOLUTELY works.  It's honestly a bit of a pain in the arse since the process must be done on an un-jailbroken 5.3, but it WILL work!  I have now done it 25+ times.

All credit for this solution goes to Ian82 who was gracious enough to provide it for me in an earlier post.  This trick" has been "buried" here and truly deserves its own subject and spotlight.

The beauty of this process is that after you have been successful, you can immediately verify the saved signatures on the iFaith server. 

Many will be kicking themselves for not having pursued this once Apple stops signing 5.3.

Here's how it's done:

1) Using Seasonpass, create an IPSW for the 5.3 unit whose signatures you want to save.

2) Exit SP once you are asked to enter DFU mode. 

3) Run iReb (inside of iFAITH 1.5.9) and Pwn the ATV in DFU mode. 

4) Run iTunes. Alt + Restore. iTunes will restore ATV to 5.3 vanilla (and un-jailbroken).

KEY TIP: When restoring with iTunes, be sure you are choosing the vanilla IPSW file in the my documents/seasonpass/DOWNLOADS folder -- NOT the patched IPSW with the letters SP in the file name that lives in the directory in the my documents/seasonpass folder. This is critical or your process will fail.

5) Once iTunes has finished restoring the Apple TV back to a factory-reset UNJAILBROKEN 5.3 , NOW run iFaith 1.5.9 and dump blobs in the old fashioned way… It can now be done!

6) When finished, verify that the 5.3 signatures have been saved on the iFaith server.

7)  Now using Seasonpass, jailbreak on version 5.3.

For me at least, iFaith 1.5.9 remains "temperamental" in terms of completing the dumping process -- it still takes me 5 to 10 attempts at least.  But for those frustrated and wondering after multiple failed attempts if dumping the blobs is even possible.... IT IS!  Be persistent.

Good luck!

[quote="MaxieWagner"]

For those who want to save their 5.3 signatures, here's a process that ABSOLUTELY works.  It's honestly a bit of a pain in the arse since the process must be done on an un-jailbroken 5.3, but it WILL work!  I have now done it 25+ times.

All credit for this solution goes to Ian82 who was gracious enough to provide it for me in an earlier post.  This trick" has been "buried" here and truly deserves its own subject and spotlight.

The beauty of this process is that after you have been successful, you can immediately verify the saved signatures on the iFaith server. 

Many will be kicking themselves for not having pursued this once Apple stops signing 5.3.

Here's how it's done:

1) Using Seasonpass, create an IPSW for the 5.3 unit whose signatures you want to save.

2) Exit SP once you are asked to enter DFU mode. 

3) Run iReb (inside of iFAITH 1.5.9) and Pwn the ATV in DFU mode. 

4) Run iTunes. Alt + Restore. iTunes will restore ATV to 5.3 vanilla (and un-jailbroken).

KEY TIP: When restoring with iTunes, be sure you are choosing the vanilla IPSW file in the my documents/seasonpass/DOWNLOADS folder -- NOT the patched IPSW with the letters SP in the file name that lives in the directory in the my documents/seasonpass folder. This is critical or your process will fail.

5) Once iTunes has finished restoring the Apple TV back to a factory-reset UNJAILBROKEN 5.3 , NOW run iFaith 1.5.9 and dump blobs in the old fashioned way… It can now be done!

6) When finished, verify that the 5.3 signatures have been saved on the iFaith server.

7)  Now using Seasonpass, jailbreak on version 5.3.

For me at least, iFaith 1.5.9 remains "temperamental" in terms of completing the dumping process -- it still takes me 5 to 10 attempts at least.  But for those frustrated and wondering after multiple failed attempts if dumping the blobs is even possible.... IT IS!  Be persistent.

Good luck!

[/quote]

or a simplier way to go back to 5.3 just don't update your itunes if you haven't yet and plug your apple tv in to the computer open itunes and click on restore. it will take it back to 5.3 . It's the version that was available in december/ january it will ask you if you want to upade. It will then download and once it's done it will restore you back to 5.3.

That's why it's likely apple will never stop signing 5.3. It's been over 5 months now( cross fingers).

I had been aware of this method of saving 5.3 signatures, and have used it successfully on more than a few occasions.  

That is no longer the case.

I now find that while iFAITH still gives me a message that my 5.3 blobs have been saved (locally), and that they have been communicated to the iFAITH server, that message is now followed by this one:

iFaith has failed to fetch the following blobs:

7.1.1 (11D201c)

Are you running the latest version of iFaith?

*It is possible that Apple has stopped signing the above firmwares!

I'm not sure why this message is appearing -- or if it is preventing the 5.3 blobs from actually being saved on the iFaith server despite the message that says they are.

But before the appearance of this message, it WAS possible to dump the blobs and verify the saved 5.3 signatures on iFAITH.  This is no longer the case -- at least as far as seeing the saved signatures via iFaith.

Can anyone address this?  Is anyone else getting this message?

And why can't 5.3 signatures be saved via Season Pass like older software versions can?