How to restore ATV (remove jailbreak)

when I try to "Update Software" under the ATV Settings, I get this error " The update was not successful".  The Apple TV update couldn't be downloaded at this time. Try again later.

I've tried several times.  Is aTV Flash stopping me from downloading the latest ATV from Apple?

connect your atv to itunes with micro usb cable and restore it 

[quote="cymorrow"]

when I try to "Update Software" under the ATV Settings, I get this error " The update was not successful".  The Apple TV update couldn't be downloaded at this time. Try again later.

I've tried several times.  Is aTV Flash stopping me from downloading the latest ATV from Apple?

[/quote]

Just as a FYI, the jailbreak process prevents updating so no one accidently destroys jailbreak.

[quote="Carpenter940"]

Just as a FYI, the jailbreak process prevents updating so no one accidently destroys jailbreak.

[/quote]

Yes, I was aware of that but I always thought it was a setting to prevent Auto-update, like there is on iPhone or the Mac, I didn't realize until now that it was  a Firecore hack to prevent the auto-update.

Thanks for the info and I will give it a shot with the micro-USB cable connected to my MacAir/iTunes.