how to reinstall old firmware with signatures?

So I have a problem…   my buddy accidently updated his atv2 to 6.0.2 (iOS7)… I managed somehow after hours and hours of trying, to successfully jailbreak using SeasOnpass and downgrading to 5.3 tethered  (figuring he never saved his signautres)…  After I installed ATV flash 2.3,  I quickly went into maintenance and chose to save my firmware signatures to Cloud.   When I hit save, it showed my a list of supposed signatures that have already been saved!  I thought it meant that I can use SeasOnpass to downgrade to 5.2 untethered…  

But when I chose 5.2 it creats custom IPSW and then goes into DFU mode… opens itunes to begin restore, opens file, highlights 5.2 firmware and then does nothing… just sits and then i get a message from SeasOnpass telling me that it failed in iTunes restore.

For more info… I’ve tried saving my signatures in SeasOnpass and it enters DFU mode, opens itunes and then I get a message telling me that some or all of my image files don’t have signatures saved and this is probably due to reading wrong info online of how to save SHSH…

What am I doing wrong?  Can I ever get back to 5.2 untethered?