How To play Multiple Files in Divx Movies?

Hi all. When I play a DIVX movie that has multiple files - after the first file - it stops and takes me to the file listing and I have to move to the second file and play it.

Is there a way for it to just continue playing the second file automatically so you are not interrupted while watching the movie?

I switched from a LG DVR which would look for the next file and automatically play that one for you…

Hi,

Is there an updated way of doing this? XBMC detects .CD1, .CD2 files easily, but not the atv media player…

One of many possible solutions:

Stitch the files

http://www.techspansion.com/visualhub/

You could also create a playlist, and add the two files in the correct order. And then play the playlist. That way when the first video is completed it will go and play the next one.

Wolf

You can join files together using Media/Sapphire.

1. Select the first movie you want to join.
  2. When the movie is highlighted, push the right arrow button.
  3. Select ‘Mark this file to be joined’
  4. Do the same with all the other files you want included. (The files will be played in the order they are added).
  5. Once you have all the files you want included ‘marked’ select one of the files and choose ‘Join marked files’

This will create a single that is a reference to the original files. Do not delete the originals.

That is awesome thanks - I guess I never saw that option becasue I always play my movies throught the FILES/MOVIES menu - and not MEDIA/SAPHIRE. I will check this out tonight - thanks!

Is there a feature you can add where if a file has the same name like 21a.avi and 21b.avi can be played and jump to the next file. I mean some movie have two file, and if there in the same dir then they should be played when one finishes. If i have allot of movies that allot of work to tell it to connect every time i watch a movie. I read the post above , but that not a good way if people have tons of movies. X1 has this feature from day one.

The best way to do this I have found its to join the files prior to uploading them onto an external hard drive or directly onto ATV. I use a program called D-vision 3 which is free of cost and it allows you to join AVI files together. Open the program and then click on the tools icon, you will then see the option for joining AVI files.

I agree with DonGlobal. Since I like to play all my movies through the FILES menu - I also grabbed D-Vision - and it is free and really fast. If i feed it 2 divx parts to join - it takes about 1 minute on my mac - and then i have a single file instead of a 2 part movie file.

Of course - you need to do this before you upload them to the ATV… but it is managable…

Hi all. When I play a DIVX movie that has multiple files - after the first file - it stops and takes me to the file listing and I have to move to the second file and play it.

Is there a way for it to just continue playing the second file automatically so you are not interrupted while watching the movie?