How to change drive path and maintain library?

Hi guys, I wanted to know if there is a way to change the path of the hard drive without having to recreate the video library.

My 5TB hard disk now is connect to an Airport Extreme, but doesn’y work very well; so i want to change the share location maintaining the same database.

It’s possibile edit only the path of share?

Thank you

Gpd

Unfortunately this is not possible.

Infuse uses the unique full share/folder path to identify files, so changing the share address requires removing and setting up a new share.

Damn!!!
I hoped it worked like Kodi.
Ok, thank you

My external drive with my movies is almost full. I’ve bought a new larger external drive. I run Infuse on my Apple TV using Windows 10 file sharing to access my moves. I want to move my movies to the new larger drive and still maintain my library, i.e. not search for metadata again, etc.

My plan is to:

1. Copy all movies (together with same folder/directory structure) from my old external drive to my new external drive
  2. Make sure Infuse isn’t running on my Apple TV
  3. Delete/disable current file share on my PC
  4. Disconnect my old external drive (D:) from my PC
  5. Change drive letter for my new external drive to D:
  6. Add a new file share with the same name a the old file share name (same directory path)
  7. Restart Infuse on my Apple TV
  8. Infuse recognizes the file share on new drive to be the same as the old share and maintains my library

Is my plan OK? Will it work? Any other ideas?

Here’s a thread that discusses a few ways to keep your library intact.

I have added larger drives in the past by leaving the old drive connected and then copy all the files to a new drive and then add the new drive share to Infuse. Once it scans the new drive you’ll see two of everything and then you can delete the old drive share and that will then show only one of everything. This has worked a few times for me. James also has a recommended way in this thread.

My external drive with my movies is almost full. I’ve bought a new larger external drive. I run Infuse on my Apple TV using Windows 10 file sharing to access my moves. I want to move my movies to the new larger drive and still maintain my library, i.e. not search for metadata again, etc.

My plan is to:

1. Copy all movies (together with same folder/directory structure) from my old external drive to my new external drive
  2. Make sure Infuse isn’t running on my Apple TV
  3. Delete/disable current file share on my PC
  4. Disconnect my old external drive (D:) from my PC
  5. Change drive letter for my new external drive to D:
  6. Add a new file share with the same name a the old file share name (same directory path)
  7. Restart Infuse on my Apple TV
  8. Infuse recognizes the file share on new drive to be the same as the old share and maintains my library

Is my plan OK? Will it work? Any other ideas?

If you don’t leave the original drive in place you may lose the data base. Infuse seems to know when drives have changed even when named the same. Anything wrong with doing it as discussed above when leaving the current drive in place, copying the content to a new drive and let Infuse see both for the scan and then deleting the old share? That I know works. :wink: