How re-enable auto-update?

When I installed aTV Flash for the prior version of the AppleTV, I installed on my flash drive the disable auto-update function. It worked, and my AppleTV did not auto-update to the 2.3 software. Of course, it also disables even a manual update to version 2.3 of the AppleTV software. Is there a menu item that I can select somewhere on AppleTV to re-enable auto-updates so that I can make my AppleTV install version 2.3 before I install aTV Flash 2.3? If not, how do I re-enable the AppleTV update procedure before I install aTV Flash 2.3? Thanks.

If you figure out how to do this please let me know. I have the same problem I don’t know how to update, even doing it manually won’l let me do. Anyone knows?

To re-enable the update function in versions prior to 3.3.5, you will need to recreate the flash drive, with the update disabling feature DESELECTED. Once the flash drive has been created, reinstall onto the Apple TV like you did before.

In versions 3.3.5 and later, there is a toggle switch function included to switch the update on/off.

I am trying to open the .dmg for atvflash 3.3.4 but it says that it is outdated. Can I do it with the latest although I have ATV 2.0 and not 2.3 or what should I do? Thanks again.

Yes, you can use the latest version. The plugins will not work correctly with the older 2.0 version, but you will be able to update the software and then reinstall the aTV Flash.

Thank you very much. I will try to do it this way and then I will post my experience in here. Thanks again,

I created the new 3.4 flash and installed it. Used the new software to enable auto update. Updated from 2.2 to 2.3. Then just reinstalled 3.4 again. That way I only needed to create one flash drive.