How can I prioritise smart groups to sort by editions

I have different editions of films, they are named according to the website, but for some reason, my infuse insists on sorting by quality. So instead of theatrical and extended, I get 4K HDR and 1080p. Or rather than theatrical and alternate ending, I get 1080p and 1080p

This users guide may shed some light on how to get what you’re looking for.

Checked through that and they are named accordingly to that

Could you do a screen cap of how you have those files named? It may help find out what’s causing your problem.

For the alternate ending you need to use this format
“Get Out (2017) {edition-Alternate Ending}.mp4”
You need the curly brackets and the word “edition”

This is per the users guide

After you change that you I believe you’ll get both tags showing.

Thanks, I also have

apocalypse.now.1979.FINAL.CUT.2160p & Apocalypse.Now.1979.THEATRICAL.CUT.1080p

And I get 4K HDR and 1080p, no editions.

That worked great for two movies in same resolution but when it changes I cant seem to be bale to prioritise the editions

Are you browsing in the library or in the share?

on the home part of infuse

Tags are only visible while browsing via the Library.

Yeah thats what im doing, they appear on the ones with same quality, but not when one is 4k hdr and the other is 1080p

Does using the “{edition-_}” tags in those cases instead of relying on the unbraced tags make a difference?

Agree it would be nice if users had the option to choose how they would like tags prioritized.

Even being named with the edition tags still only resolutions

1 Like

Well, that’s a bummer.

Can you show the exact filenames you are using for both?

Folder Apocalypse Now with two subfolders

• FINAL_CUT with file: apocalypse.now.1979.FINAL.CUT.2160p.uhd.bluray.x265-terminal and I also tried apocalypse.now.1979.{edition-FINAL.CUT}.2160p.uhd.bluray.x265-terminal

• THEATRICAL CUT with file: Apocalypse.Now.1979.THEATRiCAL.CUT.1080p.BluRay.x264-SADPANDA and also tried Apocalypse.Now.1979.{edition-THEATRiCAL.CUT}.1080p.BluRay.x264-SADPANDA

They are all Matroska files

For single item folders, you will want to include the title in the folder name as well.

EG

Apocalypse Now
Apocalypse Now/Apocalypse Now FINAL_CUT/videofile.mkv
Apocalypse Now/Apocalypse Now THEATRICAL CUT/videofile.mkv

Alternatively, you can eliminate these subfolders and just place both videos into the main Apocalypse Now folder.

Here’s what I see when using those filenames (no edition tag needed).

Yeah that seemed to do it, Now get 1080p theatrical cut and 4K HDR Final Cut. Thank you very much!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.