Honor the .nomedia file in a folder

I guess that this may still work for people running Kodi in the background but I could swear that using the .nomedia file name in a folder was at one time working with Infuse directly. Infuse would simply ignore the contents of a folder with a file inside it called .nomedia which is very useful for those of us that have folks we want to be able to navigate to on rare occasions (such as a folder full of test files) but that we don’t want to clutter up the main browsing interface. (For example, I have a couple hundred test files for calibrations of different sorts, but it gets very tedious to see them all in my GUI interface on a regular basis.)

Any chance this will make a return to the Infuse app?

Adding a .nomedia file will prevent the contents of that folder from being indexed in the library, but those items would still be visible when browsing directly via folders.

This is what I am talking about. I still see them in the library (ie, Recently Added, Genres, the Decades lists, Top Rated, Unwatched, etc) and I would like them to not be visible there.

I must be doing it wrong. Here is an example. The contents of this folder show up in the Library, not just when browsing folders.

Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 5.15.03 PM

You will actually want to name the file .nomedia without any other text.

On most file systems this will be a hidden file so once named you may not see it visible.

Thanks. Looks like perhaps an update on the MacOS altered my .nomedia files and added “infuse” to the start of them…and that broke the functionality.

The Mac no longer lets me create a .nomedia file easily…

Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 8.21.18 PM

Unless I choose to make hidden files visible by clicking Command + Shift + . (full stop/period) when in the Finder.

Luckily when I do that, it let’s me create the .nomedia file.

Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 8.29.17 PM

But the excluded folder contents, the files, still show up after a refresh of the Library.

Now I am surmising that this might not be something that is inherited and the files in the folder within the folder with the .nomedia file ALSO need a .nomedia file…

(and sure enough it appears I have a hundred of those corrupted infuse.nomedia files that used to simply be .nomedia files)