Homescreen clock

+1

+1 same here please

A simple clock to start would be nice since people today do rely on their TV for everything including the time.

It must be hard to program thatā€¦

When watching a bunch of episodes I really miss a clock. Maybe one can be added right top at main menu and playback overlay?

Thereā€™s a suggestion already running here Homescreen clock that you can add your support to if you like. :wink:

Will do!

Sorry for double post, but I somehow missed the search on top menu -.-

Not a problem at all! Glad to point ya in the right direction. I want a clock too. :wink:

Hi James or someone else, is this hard to program? Or give a Yes/No answer.

We donā€™t have any immediate plans for this right now.

tvOS has a built-in clock which is pretty easy to access, and IMHO adding another clock could clutter up the UI.

2 Likes

@james Since there are two different suggestions in this thread should it be broke out into two different suggestions? One for a clock on home screen and a different suggestion thread for the playback overlay that would when tapped would give current time and video end time.

I donā€™t see a need for one on the home screen but I do strongly support one accessible on the playback overlay with current and end times showing.

I think this is the thread you are looking for.

That covers it. :+1:

Just saw a few posts in this thread referencing the other request and didnā€™t want to muddy things. :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™m surprised this feature isnā€™t included tbh. An optional clock is an essential feature for the homescreen and media player overlay imo. Please make it happen.

1 Like

An optional clock for the home screen has been discussed for a good 6 years, unfortunately this option, which I think is a good one, is still not integrated. Why is the development effort too high? or can we expect it in the next software release?

On AppleTV, if I want to see the time, I just long press on the TV button ā€” Time and date smoothly slide in from the right. A tap of the Menu button slides them back out ā€” unless I realize itā€™s way past my bed time and instead press the already highlighted Sleep button to turn everything off.

If in the middle of watching a program, you can tap the time-bar to toggle between elapsed-time and time-remaining with current-time and the-time-the-content-ends.

Ah, Firecore already commented some time ago about the first option I listed.

Thank you for your quick feedback, that helps me :slight_smile:

1 Like

And Iā€™m happy it does.

[Since I canā€™t fix annoying bugs or add long requested features on Firecoreā€™s behalf; all I can do is add my support to the fixes and features Iā€™d most like to see implemented. But sometimes Iā€™ll get to suggest alternatives to popular annoyances (or informed strategies to avoid the biggest | ones) that work in Infuse now, that folks might not yet have read about or considered, in the hope these help my fellow users be just a little bit less annoyed each time they fire up infuse.]

Oof. 7 years and still no clock option? Seems like lots of people would like this small but useful feature. Can any of the dev team let us know if this could this be implemented? Seems like heaps of people would like it. Yeah we can press the Apple TV button to slide out the time from the side, but I could also just look at my phone, my watch, my clock on the wallā€¦sometimes itā€™s just nice to have it right there on the homescreen as a QoL feature (like having the time on your computers homescreen - not exactly required, but who doesnā€™t have it there?)

1 Like

I think they filter on the number of likes in suggestions, so like the first post to get the devs attention and it might be implemented sooner than later.